Hiccup23

CAYOM Year 3: Discussion

SPARK (1 and 2) and THE SCAVENGER WARS are both terrific movies that stand equally to one another, IMO. I’m beyond stoked that two of the biggest films of CAYOM are original sci-fi adventures.

(but at the same time thanks for the Rising love!)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I mean honestly lol at the fact that TSW is gonna end up with a BP nom when Spark:Rising didn't, but whatever it's an unjust world

I mean 2 of the people who have TSW in their top 5 didn't participate Y1. So I suppose if we had had them then a Spark BP nom could've potentially happened.

Yeah. But people are gonna walk around thinking The Scavenger Wars is better and that's not cool

giphy.gif

Your anger should be directed at those who voted for the Milli Vanilli movie over Spark 1 really.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Is that just lead? Or supporting too?

Potentially but a good majority of them will be mostly cameo roles too. Having started rewatching the show, there are a lot of villain characters that get offed pretty quickly and a lot of minor hero roles. Might also take some of the nominees/winners of previous Oscar ceremonies and throw 'em in there too.

I already have an idea of how to work in the actors for Hunter and Tyler from the Poison and Wine trilogy in there as well.:sparta:

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

I’m a bit torn on how irreverent/fourth-wall breaky I want to make AR, since I’m worried that going too overboard is going to create a lot of whiplash with the next Spark films.

It’ll probably boil down to something lighter in tone with a few winks and nods. I’m not sure it’ll even be to the extent of the trailer I posted in the magazine thread.

So think less Deadpool and maybe more Jump Street? It’ll definitely have a Lord/Miller esque brand of humor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rorschach said:

All of the actors/actresses who get nominated this year at the Oscars will make cameo appearances in One Punch Man.

And I mean all of them.

Okay this is low key becoming my most anticipated film of Y4.

34 minutes ago, Hunt for the Wilderpasta said:

Okay this is low key becoming my most anticipated film of Y4.

Is the cameos + Taron Egerton/Charlie Heaton in the main roles that’s fueling your excitement? 

I should add @Ethan Hunt that your boy Ansel Elgort is gonna be in the film too. So look forward to that

• Like 1

Trying to balance the humor in one of my films (shh untitled until May 25th), but I’ll say this, it’s more heartfelt than you’d expect and doesn’t go to cheesy tone in humor. Expected a lot of wacky shit. On a side note, had to change some problematic shit.

Also Winston Duke is the main antagonist. Randall Duh Kim has a role as well.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord