Hiccup23

CAYOM Year 3: Discussion

48 minutes ago, cookie said:
  Hide contents

I was on the fence but you pushed me over.

Actually, to elaborate on this post:

Spoiler

There was a point in production of the first film where a PG-13 and an R-rated version both existed and I had ideas of releasing the R-rated cut as a special release version in a few game years. It got scrapped before the movie was completed though.

A few highlights would include:

- The bar fight was far more violent.

- When Packer finally succumbs to the Pallasyne, he would puke blood along with the cardiac arrest. That got scrapped more because it was over the top though and wouldn't really be a fitting end to his character in my view.

- Some lines of dialogue still in the film had extra f-bombs added to them.

- Joel and Tamara were going to bang but I found no viable place for them to do so.

I kinda wanted to maybe go full R in part II since it's going to be much darker but I was on the fence until you pushed me over like I said.

Most Anticipated of Y4

10.) Countdown To Extinction 

9.) One Piece 

8.) The Odyssey: Homecoming

7.) Fortnight

6.) Benji and Me

5.) Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

4.) Solitary/Rock and Roll Heart Attack

3.) Mass Effect

2.) Voltron: Reunion

1.) Aera Rising/One Punch Man

Also guessing way early predicts for top ten Y4:

1.) Voltron: Reunion $205M/$650M

2.) The Odyssey: Homecoming $210M/$550M

3.) Mass Effect $130M/$400M

4.) Warlord Of Mars $100M/$335M

5.) Pokémon: Rise of the Rockets $170M (4 Day)/$330M

6.) Treasure Planet: Gauntlet of Midas $120M/$315M

7.) One Punch Man $90M/$300M

8.) TaleSpin $85M/$270M

9.) Dragon Ball: The Red Ribbon Saga $100M/$250M

10.) Aera Rising: $80M/$245M

One Piece, Gargoyles, Brother Bear, Pillars, The Matinee, Fortnight, and ReBoot 2.0 will be around the $200M-$240M range. Possible breakouts for $200M+ include Metroid, Solitary, Thundercats, Can You Imagine, De Witt project, and True Love. $150M-$199M: Blue and Gold, Barry Brookshire, Second Dimension, KND, Biker Mice, Rock N Roll, Freddy 2, Extreme Dinosaurs 2, A Wish for Wings, American Dragon 2, Crysis, For The Love Of This Town and maybe a few more should get there.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Astonished 2

1 minute ago, cookie said:

Lord, heaven and Jesus on that John Carter predict. At least let me make it first.

That TaleSpin number I dig though. There's a reason I'm putting it so close to Odyssey :ph34r:

John Carter is based on your previous big originals and adaptations and Spark 1.

TaleSpin should be the biggest animated film of the year unless Aera (which I have a Lego Batman feeling from) or ReBoot 2.0 surprises. Can You Imagine has a small chance but naw.

33 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

I’d shit myself if Odyssey 3 opened over $200 million, let alone beat Voltron 3’s opening weekend numbers.

:ohmygod:

That series finale factor will help it though I do wonder if the acclaimed R rating will hurt.

2 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

John Carter is based on your previous big originals and adaptations and Spark 1.

TaleSpin should be the biggest animated film of the year unless Aera (which I have a Lego Batman feeling from) or ReBoot 2.0 surprises. Can You Imagine has a small chance but naw.

John Krasinski of Mars is supposed to be a much lighter affair than either SW or Voltron though, for one because I already have those two lore-dense Sci-Fi epic series already and second Disney went with the serious route IRL which didn't work out.

1 minute ago, cookie said:

>Puts nostalgic dinos on most anticipated list

>No nostalgic dino predict to be found

Thought I put it in, oh well, CTE is 3rd place at $160M (4 day)/$420M and Aera is out of the top 10.

• Astonished 1
  • Disbelief 1

10 minutes ago, Spagheditary said:

I’m personally looking at $250m-$300m (quite a range I know) for Aera Rising.

The later Spark films are far bigger priorities in terms of box office. 

I’m thinking $200M-$270M, odds are it’ll be fantastic but I can’t shake that LEGO Batman feeling.

Then again, they’re not dozens of Aera DTV movies in this AU.

3 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I’m thinking $200M-$270M, odds are it’ll be fantastic but I can’t shake that LEGO Batman feeling.

Then again, they’re not dozens of Aera DTV movies in this AU.

What are your predicts for the Y5 slate so far? Asking for a friend. :ph34r: