grim22

Jurassic World: Dominion | June 10 2022 | 6th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

I think people often forget Jurassic World due to Fallen Kingdom.

Was Jurassic World some world breaking movie, but it was extremely entertaining movie for all, Fallen Kingdom just faltered at that, it's scale was smaller and 2nd half was even smaller in scale than Jurassic Park 3.

Colin needed to have treated OG trio with enough respect and have enough fun spectacle moments for it to be fresh, I'm not expecting it to be some stupidity free at times, but overall entertainment value should be much more than FK, and hopefully more than JW too.

Just TREAT OG TRIO WITH RESPECT..!! 

3 hours ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

I think people often forget Jurassic World due to Fallen Kingdom.

Was Jurassic World some world breaking movie, but it was extremely entertaining movie for all, Fallen Kingdom just faltered at that, it's scale was smaller and 2nd half was even smaller in scale than Jurassic Park 3.

Colin needed to have treated OG trio with enough respect and have enough fun spectacle moments for it to be fresh, I'm not expecting it to be some stupidity free at times, but overall entertainment value should be much more than FK, and hopefully more than JW too.

Just TREAT OG TRIO WITH RESPECT..!! 

I dont think Trevorrow will repeat the same mistakes another big franchise with an original trio did.

The 2nd trailer showed them all in 1 room and 1 scene together. Thats already a clear sign that they're treating the characters with respect imo.

Just caught what I assume is the new trailer in IMAX ahead of Strange.

That trailer slaps. Much more compelling than any of the marketing for Fallen Kingdom. And the audience in this theater I think agreed. That trailer got a massive reaction. I’m genuinely excited, which I can’t say I felt heading into either of the JW films so far.

• Like 1

At this point, i woudnt count on a proper China release. Way too much of a Covid Regulations clusterf*ck over there. The chinese numbers will very probably pale compared to JW and JW:FK. 

1 minute ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

At this point, i woudnt count on a proper China release. Way too much of a Covid Regulations clusterf*ck over there. The chinese numbers will very probably pale compared to JW and JW:FK. 

Not if China waits a couple months for a later release. 

4 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

Not if China waits a couple months for a later release. 

I mean, maybe they could do that but i cant think of a Hollywood movie where they did something like this? I woundt put my hopes in a China-specific delay.

29 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

I mean, maybe they could do that but i cant think of a Hollywood movie where they did something like this? I woundt put my hopes in a China-specific delay.

I say because I really hope that Dominion does better than Fallen Kingdom globally (at least 1.4B) and China is a huge part in that. Any chance it still does well as the previous two have there?

5 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

I say because I really hope that Dominion does better than Fallen Kingdom globally (at least 1.4B) and China is a huge part in that. Any chance it still does well as the previous two have there?

Im not a China expert but looking at the China thread, Hollywood movies are just not grossing that much money this year. Both prior JW films did 200M+, i woundt expect more than 50M at the moment for Dominion there.

Still, even with only 50M from China, beating Fallen Kingdom worldwide is not impossible. It would need a massive DOM performance (not unlikely) and a way better performance in Europa, Latin America and rest of Asia (also not unlikely).

Apparently universal never stopped releasing movies in Russia

Any of you guys expecting a russia release?

thats 20 million right there

15 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

Apparently universal never stopped releasing movies in Russia

Any of you guys expecting a russia release?

thats 20 million right there

They won't risk bad PR in USA for 20 million. 

But they could think of releasing it later once movie has done most of its run in Domestic.

Edited by THUNDER BIRD

I also think that China won't surpass 40-50 million $ sadly. No Russia, so that all together will be a 220-250 million $ loss compared to the other two films.

Also, I really hope JW3 steps up the game and hits 450-500 million $ in the States. And hopefully it can hit 600-700 million $ elsewhere.

Without US, China and RUS previous two films grossed:

1. JW 1 - 766.97 million $

2. JW 2 - 612.1 million $

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ViktorLosAngeles said:

I also think that China won't surpass 40-50 million $ sadly. No Russia, so that all together will be a 220-250 million $ loss compared to the other two films.

Also, I really hope JW3 steps up the game and hits 450-500 million $ in the States. And hopefully it can hit 600-700 million $ elsewhere.

Without US, China and RUS previous two films grossed:

1. JW 1 - 766.97 million $

2. JW 2 - 612.1 million $

It needs to improve from Fallen Kingdom in both Domestic and Overseas and it'll make Billion without China & Russia.

But with little better luck, it could still get 100 million from China and Russia anyways is a 20-25 million loss.

I hooe Chinese gives it a July release date lol