grim22

Jurassic World: Dominion | June 10 2022 | 6th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

3 minutes ago, Porthos said:

giphy.gif

(Really do I need to add any other commentary???)

*gets reminded that they also nominated Jake Lloyd and Macaulay Culkin (the later multiple times)*

Yep.  They've been.... like this for a very long time.  

• Like 1

The Razzies have always been a joke (if they truly wanted to "reward" the trash of Hollywood, they would go after failed awards contenders like The Son with its sub-30% RT score instead of the predictable low-hanging fruit just for attention) but they've faded into almost total irrelevancy over the past decade or so. They've sometimes nominated animals just for the (I assume) lolz in the acting categories too. Glad to see they're getting flack for nominating children though, at that point it's less "roasting shit movies" and basically a form of bullying.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I don’t understand how the Razzies could possibly think nominating a child would go over well in the current year, unless they’re following the “there’s no such thing as bad publicity” mindset. 

It's also only a year after the Bruce Willis debacle. You'd think that would've taught them to take more caution, but I guess not.

now that I think about it. Fallen Kingdom was better than this one. 

Yeah it also has a terrible script and some annoying characters but FK still had plenty of fantastic action and suspense scenes. The opening scene in the island in the rain and the final Indoraptor chase through the mansion (as silly as it was) was genuinely exciting stuff. It remembered that dinosaurs should be the main draw of the franchise, and I actually liked the twist of Maisie being a human clone but Dominion added all sorts of extraneous bullshit to it. FK also set up interesting possibilities for a sequel. FK>>>>Dominion

5 hours ago, John Marston said:

now that I think about it. Fallen Kingdom was better than this one. 

Yeah it also has a terrible script and some annoying characters but FK still had plenty of fantastic action and suspense scenes. The opening scene in the island in the rain and the final Indoraptor chase through the mansion (as silly as it was) was genuinely exciting stuff. It remembered that dinosaurs should be the main draw of the franchise, and I actually liked the twist of Maisie being a human clone but Dominion added all sorts of extraneous bullshit to it. FK also set up interesting possibilities for a sequel. FK>>>>Dominion

FK is actually good, Dominion for me isn't a Jurassic Park movie.

Dominion is a spin off about bugs and clones.