grim22

Jurassic World: Dominion | June 10 2022 | 6th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

2 hours ago, That One Guy said:

Hope this is as good as the second one.

I haven’t seen the second one.  I just know it’s gonna be good

I have the same feeling. J.A. Bayona is a creative enough director to surpass people's expectations. (We already see creative implementation, such as the shot in the child's room where the dinosaur's shadow rises from the rocking horse.)

In fact, I almost came to this thread to voice my disappointment about even more franchising, but I now remember that the Jurassic Park franchise has had an atypical release pattern similar to Star Wars (before Disney bought them), so I'm a lot less irritated at the announcement of this particular threequel. Especially if Bayona pulls an Empire Strikes Back.

And I typically like to root for the cast members of Parks and Recreation, so I am also happy for Chris Pratt.

• Like 2

Seems a no-brainer. Jurassic World was Universal's biggest film of all-time and along with F&F, the only billion-dollar franchises left in their portfolio. Universal is probably the only studio left that can still compete with Disney's biggest films. At the very least, OS markets will likely keep these films profitable for a long time.

• Like 1

Why is Colin Trevorrow not directing btw? I originally thought he lost the gig of JW2 after he was dropped from Star Wars, but he's clearly still a key creative player given that he's writing and exec producing the second and third film?

Also, wonder if Spielberg will ever return to direct another one of these given that he's directing another Indiana Jones movie.

3 hours ago, Morieris said:

And people told me that he'd never work again on a blockbuster after Book of Henry and losing Star Wars 9 :rofl: This is what we call "failing upward". 

He directed a 1.67 billion dollar movie, of course he was going to score another blockbuster. The Book of Henry was embarrassing but it wasn't a career ending flop and Star Wars fires every director. It's a badge of honor now. Zack Snyder will have trouble ever getting another big budget film but Trevorrow hasn't screwed up anywhere near as badly. Until he implodes a big franchise he'll be okay. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Morieris said:

And people told me that he'd never work again on a blockbuster after Book of Henry and losing Star Wars 9 :rofl: This is what we call "failing upward". 

Welcome to Hollywood. One mistake is career death.

3 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

He directed a 1.67 billion dollar movie, of course he was going to score another blockbuster. The Book of Henry was embarrassing but it wasn't a career ending flop and Star Wars fires every director. It's a badge of honor now. Zack Snyder will have trouble ever getting another big budget film but Trevorrow hasn't screwed up anywhere near as badly. Until he implodes a big franchise he'll be okay. 

Snyder needs at least 3-4 good movies before making a comeback. His better films are his low budget ones and he should go back to that for a bit. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Not really said:

That was the worst idea in the long, sad history of bad ideas. 

I didn't mind it all that much to be honest. I was a huge T-Rex fan back in 2001 when I was 8 (and the male Rex from TLW is still my favorite dino in the franchise) but it took me a month at most to get over this fight. In fact I started liking the spinosaurus more once I saw how much hate it started getting from butthurt fanboys lol and it continues to this day. It's a very interesting dinosaur and was a nice addition to the franchise, not to mention the outstanding craftsmanship by SWS and ILM to bring the creature to life. 

In a universe where featherless 6 foot tall raptors can open doors and venom spitting dilophosaurs have frills, a Spinosaurus with longer legs and a stronger bite don't seem far fetched. 

• Like 1

On 3/31/2018 at 9:51 AM, Mojoguy said:

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself hated as a Star Wars director.

These were prophetic words about Rian Johnson. :hahaha:

I don't care who is back of the old cast, as long as Blue is the leading lady.