grim22

Jurassic World: Dominion | June 10 2022 | 6th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

This looks like right from Jurassic period, ofc it won't be. Now I will love to see that. Say it human story or the presence of dinos in present world is just too dumb, especially in last film. 

I am not really intrigued with whole dinos invade humans, because let's be real dinos stands no chance and you can't actually show that in a film. 

7 hours ago, Eric is Full of Pride said:

So did anybody watch the IMAX preview yet? Was it cool?

Felt like more of a showcase for the budget on display tbh and then a brief tease/reminder of the current status quo of the Jurassic World universe.

I distinctly recall the IMAX preview leaking on YouTube a couple of weeks ago. I only saw a few seconds of it, though. 

Also, while we’re talking about this movie, if the premise is supposed to be that the world has to get used to living with dinosaurs, I’m not sure how that’s supposed to be believable. It’s not like dinosaurs are kaiju from the Godzilla universe. Humanity can easily deal with these things, just like any other animal. 

18 hours ago, Eric is Full of Pride said:

So did anybody watch the IMAX preview yet? Was it cool?

I quite enjoyed it, nice to look at. Felt like a bit of a CG showcase at first but ends strong. Mostly world set-up. 

Also I cannot understate how great it is to hear that T-Rex roar again in a theatre.

Edited by FilmFincher

10 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

-snip-

A nerdy dino friend of me said during last film that in book there was some sort of disease that reaped humans, like apes movies. I mean that would have made sense but guess a movie without human won't have much going for it. Apes are easier to follow.

4 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

A nerdy dino friend of me said during last film that in book there was some sort of disease that reaped humans, like apes movies. I mean that would have made sense but guess a movie without human won't have much going for it. Apes are easier to follow.

In what book? There's no human disease in either of Crichton's novels. Only

Spoiler

In the Lost World novel the dinosaur ecosystem is fatally flawed due to a spreading prion infection in many of the dinosaurs that will eventually kill all of them off on the island

Edited by 4815162342

30 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

In what book? There's no human disease in either of Crichton's novels. Only

Reveal hidden contents

Idk honestly it's what he called and I didn't cared enough to check further.

16 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I distinctly recall the IMAX preview leaking on YouTube a couple of weeks ago. I only saw a few seconds of it, though. 

Also, while we’re talking about this movie, if the premise is supposed to be that the world has to get used to living with dinosaurs, I’m not sure how that’s supposed to be believable. It’s not like dinosaurs are kaiju from the Godzilla universe. Humanity can easily deal with these things, just like any other animal. 

Honestly I'm just assuming this new movie will just be a modern-day Flintstones, which honestly sounds amazing. If they can get John Goodman or Rick Moranis to cameo, that would be icing on the cake

• Haha 1

On 6/26/2021 at 3:19 PM, WittyUsername said:

Exactly. One good hit with an Anti Tank rocket would blow away the biggest T Rex.

Humans are a LOT smarter then Dinos. Not sure how COlin is going to get around since the whole "A few pretty much unarmed or under armed humans in a isolated area against dinos idea on which the franchise was built is now out the window.

Edited by dudalb

3 hours ago, John Marston said:

Jurassic World Evolution 2 comes out tomorrow? Thought it was coming out with Dominion

That was probably the plan but Dominion got delayed to next year not because of filming issues, but because of Covid ofc. That was not true for the game, so maybe the game developers dont want to wait that extra year?