grim22

Jurassic World: Dominion | June 10 2022 | 6th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

57 minutes ago, Danhjpn said:

Will this movie have new dinosaurs? Marine reptiles such as mossasaurus is cool too.

A big one that is heavily teased is the Giganotosaurus (probably in some sort of prehistoric flashback though). If you dont know that dinosaur, its basically a bit bigger than a T-Rex, but with long arms and faster. Feathered dinosaurs are also rumored to be in it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

A big one that is heavily teased is the Giganotosaurus (probably in some sort of prehistoric flashback though). If you dont know that dinosaur, its basically a bit bigger than a T-Rex, but with long arms and faster. Feathered dinosaurs are also rumored to be in it.

Please be real. I have always wanted Giganotosaurus in these. Giga vs T-Rex?

4 minutes ago, Menor said:

Please be real. I have always wanted Giganotosaurus in these. Giga vs T-Rex?

That fight is in the Jurassic Fandom basically confirmed for the movie. Again, probably in kind of a prehistoric flashback.

Edited by Brainbug
  • Astonished 1

12 minutes ago, Flopped said:

I wonder if Twitter's hatred of Chris Pratt will have any bearing on this movie's reception. Probably not. 

I dont think so. People dont go to Jurassic movies for Chris Pratt, they go for the dinosaurs.

Although the fact that the old icons of the franchise (Goldblum, Sam Neill etc) return for this one, could actually be a nice bonus which would definetly negate any possible bad Pratt effects, if they even exist.

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Since the movie is almost certainly close to done by now (filming concluded a year ago), the first trailer should be released soon. 100% guaranteed to be with Spider-Man (if not in time for West Side Story the week before given the Spielberg connection).

I'm not hugely convinced we'll get anything before the Superbowl. Shorter campaigns have felt like the order of the day recently. 

1 minute ago, SchumacherFTW said:

I'm not hugely convinced we'll get anything before the Superbowl. Shorter campaigns have felt like the order of the day recently. 

This is definitely the one thing I'll miss if the pandemic really takes that away. 9-12 month ad campaigns are the bee's knees.

4 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

As all things in life continue to return to normal, so will studio marketing plans. Disney's already begun their marketing campaign for Lightyear 7 months in advance, for instance, plus studios won't waste prime trailer real estate (Spider-Man, The Matrix, etc.) to promote their summer tentpoles.

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

As all things in life continue to return to normal, so will studio marketing plans. Disney's already begun their marketing campaign for Lightyear 7 months in advance, for instance, plus studios won't waste prime trailer real estate (Spider-Man, The Matrix, etc.) to promote their summer tentpoles.

Oh I agree, we'll get back to normal for sure. But, we are still in a pandemic, and the other thing to me is that whether a trailer is in theaters or not is pretty immaterial now, 100m people will see it when it's released online and the news about that is inescapable regardless of if they put it with Spider-Man or not. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

Since the movie is almost certainly close to done by now (filming concluded a year ago), the first trailer should be released soon. 100% guaranteed to be with Spider-Man (if not in time for West Side Story the week before given the Spielberg connection).

Funny you mention that, because according to Trevorrow, post-production finished this past weekend. 

That clip sums up everything that has been wrong with this franchise since Jurassic World. Look at the movie theater scene - it is all revealed and done with in about 70 seconds, instead of taking the time to slowly build tension, have people get uncomfortable, and then commence with the action. Look at the difference between the footsteps in the puddle and where we are now. Just night and day in terms of building tension and suspense. 

• Like 9