grim22

Jurassic World: Dominion | June 10 2022 | 6th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

8 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Trevorrow will be vindicated when Dominion makes more than TROS dom. OS and WW is a forgone conclusion. 

why would this make more than a 100M above Fallen Kingdom domestically ? that one had a better director as well and was only brought down by Trevorrow's silly script, Dominion will be all Trevorrow (from script to director) so it'll probably be worse. 

Take out ILM, Stan Winston and John Williams and the release date out of JP and see what remains :

An exposition that goes on forever.

Almost an hour of exposition dump, Nolan himslef would throw up at the mere idea.

Annoying kids that are annoying.

A vibrating glass.

Some good cheap thrills here and there.

The first T.Rex attack remains iconic tho, rain and night you say ? Favourite set piece for Warner suits ever !!! 

Goldblum Goldbluming tho.

The CGI revolution in film didn't even started out with JP.

Canada is the country you are looking for that.

Edited by The Futurist

7 hours ago, RealLyre said:

why would this make more than a 100M above Fallen Kingdom domestically ? that one had a better director as well and was only brought down by Trevorrow's silly script, Dominion will be all Trevorrow (from script to director) so it'll probably be worse. 

Because it's going to give JP fans something never seen before - dinos conquering the world. All movies so far were contained to the island/park/whatever but now dinos are out and that's gonna putt more butts in seats. 100M above FK is not that much considering the first made 200M more so Dominion would fall right in the middle. Basically what SW trilogy used to do. 

• Thanks 1

There's something about the sound of this project where someone involved on the conceptual story side doesn't seem to be doing it solely for the money. Trevorrow displayed his passion through his Duel of the Fates script, and even though he famously bungled his child abuse drama, I'm cautiously optimistic about this film. It'll at the very least be a shining example of great visual effects. Jurassic World is already standing the test of time in my mind (similar to the way The Force Awakens is standing thr test of time), so I think I'm going to allow myself to be excited for this. Yeah, I think I'm excited for this.

1 hour ago, Poseidon said:

I'm still not convinced there is any story that makes it plausible, that 20 runaway-dinos take over a world full of war weapons an that within a timespan, in which Ellie Sattler and her collegues are still alive. 

To even try to find any kind of plausability in this franchise after The Lost World is a stretch i have to say - and i say that as a hardcore fan.