Witch Hunted Away

We're going up against the Infinity Gauntlet with bows and arrows? A:IW < Avatar [WW]

In the red corner we have a franchise 10 years in the making, that has grossed over $13,952,694,044 Worldwide! It's the culmination of characters that have been around for over 40 years, ones that are by now household names across the entire world, the one big fight to end all big fights. 

This monster has had a bigger pop culture impact than any other franchise besides HP, and lets be honest, the MCU seems to be going from strength to strength, look at BP and how it is breaking records left and right. 

In the blue corner we have... James Cameron's Avatar, an IP with no background what so ever, using untested technology, and characters people probably can't even remember now! Jake Whooly? Neywhat? Quaritch... was he one of the plants? Who knows?! 

What I do know though is that there are many people out there who see this as the time for Marvel to finally dethrone the "King of the World", and why wouldn't they? They have all the evidence they need above. 

This is Marvel's time, this will be the crown jewel (or infinity gem, whatever you prefer) in their box office crown! 

Except... I don't believe it, I think James Cameron is the unstoppable king of the box office and it'll take more than nearly a half-century of media and a decade of cinema dominance to take him down. 

So tell me - whose side are you on? Will A:IW be yet another in a long line of movies to swing at the king and miss? If so get in here. 

If not - YOU'RE OUT. 

In: 

Out: 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

lmfao no fucking shit Infinity War won’t make more than Avatar worldwide

So you're in? 

IN

Infinity War will be big, but no way it can dethrone the King. TFA showed that the only person who can get remotely close to the King is the King himself!

Also, pretty sure this is the first club I've ever join lol

• Like 1

Well I guess we better stop em

IN

Edited by IronJimbo

Just now, JamesCameronScholar said:

So you're in? 

Yes, but this is such an obvious club that I don’t know why you needed to make it

• Like 1

Just now, That One Guy said:

Yes, but this is such an obvious club that I don’t know why you needed to make it

With the current success of BP and the absolute tidal wave of hype that IW will be riding I don't see why it's obvious? 

I'm genuinely scared that IW is gonna beat Avatar! 

I guess it's good for identifying the Marvel loonies

I think a better club would be whether IW will be above or below 0.55A. @IronJimbo

• Like 2

You're not serious are you...., of course IW will come nowhere close to Avatar WW, but you already know that.

IW vs The Avengers WW, that's a more interesting question!

Avatar is still two years away.  Another reason to lock the club.  To make a club, the film has to be a year away at the earliest, and those clubs go in the sub forum.