SLAM!

Kings (2018) | The Orchard | limited release - 4/27/18 | starring Halle Berry and Daniel Craig | dir. Deniz Gamze Ergüven (Mustang)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVt-Rja0zHDhuX9a-yky5

Kings is a very interesting-looking movie about a foster family dealing with the LA riots of 1965. It has a very good director (Deniz Gamze Ergüven coming off of the Oscar-nominated foreign film Mustang) and two very good starring actors (Halle Berry and Daniel Craig). The Orchard as a distributor is very small, but manages respectable releases in the platform spectrum, and sometimes, their releases can gain the interest of film pundits (What We Do in the Shadows, Hunt for the Wilderpeople, The Wave, The Overnight, and many documentaries).

Kings releases in limited release on April 27th. In terms of quality films released in 2018, this looks like something to keep an eye on.

Edited by slambros

Halle Berry is such an underrated actress. I must be the only one who thinks that her Oscar was well deserved, and although I, like most people, hate her Storm, I think that she has been phenomenally good in many other films (Losing Isaiah, Introducing Dorothy Dandridge, Frankie & Alice). I still root for her to have some sort of Hollywood resurgence, because I think she is great. Heck, maybe she can be in the Black Panther sequel (and why not, have the writers come up with an endearing, self-deprecating wink-wink moment that addresses her Storm and Catwoman fiascos). 

• Like 1