Morieris

Flamin’ Hot Cheetos Inspired Biopic | Fox Searchlight | DeVon Franklin | Hulu, June 9th!

Fox Searchlight and DeVon Franklin are set to produce the film “Flamin’ Hot,” which will tell the true story of Richard Montanez, who rose from humble beginnings to a successful businessman when he created a food phenomenon — Flamin’ Hot Cheetos.

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/flamin-hot-cheetos-movie-devon-franklin-fox-searchlight-1202707879/

ok.

Edited by Morieris

I was thinking it was like the Emoji movie....

"This is Bill. He has thoughts and opinions and doesn't want to end up coating someone's intestines bright red. With his best friend James Corden and his new friend Tertiary Sexual Characteristics, Bill will show that this Cheeto is on THE GO." 

4 minutes ago, slambros said:

This'll be like The Founder, except focusing on a less popular consumer product...

They should cast Keaton for this, too. Michael Keaton should just be in every biopic about shitty junk food in America. Make him the Doritos Cool Ranch man too.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

They should cast Keaton for this, too. Michael Keaton should just be in every biopic about shitty junk food in America. Make him the Doritos Cool Ranch man too.

Trump will make this movie pay for the wall since the movie is about someone of Mexican decent. 

So this isn't about their super cool mascot with a devil-may-care attitude and who wears sunglasses and rides jetpacks and skateboards? I'M OUT. I mean look at this badass dude, he makes me want to go buy Cheeto's right now. CHEETO'S TOTALLY SHRED THE GNAR GNAR BRO RADICAL WICKED

KmXvl9Is.jpg

Edited by MOVIEGUY

https://deadline.com/2021/05/eva-longoria-cheetos-movie-flamin-hot-taps-jesse-garcia-annie-gonzalez-cast-1234749752/

Jesse Garcia from Quinceañera will play Richard Montanez, the architect of the Flamin’ Hot Cheeto, and Annie Gonzalez of Gentefied will portray his wife, Judy, in Eva Longoria feature directorial debut Flamin’ Hot from Searchlight Pictures and Franklin Entertainment.

As Deadline first told you about the movie, Flamin’ Hot tells the true life story of Richard Montanez, the Frito Lay janitor who took inspiration from his Mexican American heritage to create Flamin’ Hot Cheetos, the snack that disrupted the food industry and became a pop culture phenomenon. Desperate Housewives actress and Telenovela, Grand Hotel, and Devious Maids EP Longoria beat out several directors for the job after impressing Franklin and Searchlight with her authentic approach to the project.

Said Longoria in a statement, “It has been my biggest priority to make sure we are telling Richard Montañez’s story authentically. I am so happy to have two extremely talented and fellow Mexican-Americans on board in these pivotal roles. Jesse and Annie have a deep understanding of our community and will be able to help tell this story of great importance for our culture.”

Also new to Flamin’ Hot is scribe Linda Yvette Chavez who is aboard for revisions on the Lewis Colick (October Sky)-penned screenplay. Chavez is the creator of Netflix’s Gentefied and she’s also adapting I Am Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter at the streamer for America Ferrera’s upcoming directorial debut. She is repped by WME and The Mission Entertainment.