GRADE IT  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Said in the main thread, but I really enjoyed this. It looks like an actual movie for one; I was surprised how cleverly shot some sequences were. The plot itself is pretty engrossing as well; again, feels like an actual movie rather than just going through the set-ups for the next gag. Would have been easy to make this feel really mean-spirited but they keep it fun all the way through. Everyone in the cast is funny, they play likeable characters and it all just clicks together. Thumbs up.

PS. Rachel McAdams pls marry me

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Rachel McAdams in the film is also my #1 movie character crush of all time in this. Yes all time. she's my wife. 15 years from now I will give the same answer haha Thought all the actors did a great job.

Jay.

I have to fight you on this. There can only be one.

• Like 1

Easily the funniest studio comedy since last summer's Girls Trip. The hit-to-miss gag ratio heavily favors the former, it's often clever with the premise, and it knows not to overstay its welcome with a running time just over 90 minutes (refreshing in this day and age where most comedies push the two-hour mark). Jason Bateman and Rachel McAdams (agreed with @aabattery and @Jay Hollywood that she was looking fine as hell in this, and I've always had a thing for her) are very good as always although the ones who get the most comedic mileage are, surprisingly, Jesse Plemons (what a strange character/performance :lol:) and Billy Magnussen. Too bad the talents of Kyle Chandler and Michael C. Hall are wasted though. B+

• Like 1

I really enjoyed this. Very funny, lots of laugh out loud jokes. And, especially in the first half of the film, it was really quite dark, sickly black comedy.

Helped that I saw it in a big sold out screening, always a good thing with comedies when there are 200 other people laughing rather than just you. The punchline of that fight club joke was great, when the camera starts moving down the stairs and you just hear shouting, you see the joke coming and everyone was roaring with laughter.

I enjoyed the twists, was pretty obvious that the Jesse Plemons character would somehow be a twist but it still took me by surprise when it happened. Main problem I had is that I think it should have stopped there, didn't see the point in the whole russian mafia thing. I guess once you start tying several plots together it's hard to undo but I wish that stuff wasn't there. 

But yeah generally, was gripped by it and it was very funny. Also like some comments above, it's a properly cinematic film. "From the guys who brought you Horrible Bosses" didn't give me much hope but I really liked the visuals in this movie. Loved some of the shots of houses / cars which make them look like monopoly pieces, then it gets closer and theyre real.

• Like 1

oh and yeah Rachel McAdams has always been a crush and she is super hot in this, I don't know why because shes not wearing anything that shows anything off, she looks pretty normal, guess it just proves that she is naturally attractive and doesn't need to be made out to be hot cause she is just hot.

Also jesse plemons stole the whole movie from everyone else. I want a sequel that's just him sitting in his house staring at his neighbours/pictures/dog

• Haha 1

Just now, KeepItU25071906 said:

not only

I like some shots, when camera behaves during car pursuit like in the videogame (when frame repeats cars moves)

yeah I liked that too, not sure how they got that, I'm guessing the car is stationary and it's all green screen?

21 minutes ago, Treeing Me Apart said:

yeah I liked that too, not sure how they got that, I'm guessing the car is stationary and it's all green screen?

like an option:

1) they had a special rig which hardly connect camera and car. After that, on post-production compaers in Nuke and Mocha just delete this.

2) car is the 3-d model

3) some trackings frameworks have opportunity fix frames on the center or some subject, but in this case you have some problems with edge of frames and you have to fix up it.

4) ....

1 hour ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

like an option:

1) they had a special rig which hardly connect camera and car. After that, on post-production compaers in Nuke and Mocha just delete this.

2) car is the 3-d model

3) some trackings frameworks have opportunity fix frames on the center or some subject, but in this case you have some problems with edge of frames and you have to fix up it.

4) ....

the camera just seemed to be so far away to have been attached, even though it felt like it was attached.