WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 80) | Black Panther 111.7M | Game Night 17M | Peter Rabbit 12.8M | Annihilation 11.1M | Fifty Shades Freed 7.1M | Jumanji 5.7M

Just now, Valonqar said:

Jumanji continues an absolutely spectacular run in the wake of BP event. :bravo:

GOTG2 released in may last year and did 390 over 20 weeks. 4 movies have beaten it since - Wondy, Jum, TLJ, BP. this may aiw will beat it too in less than 20 weeks. So we have reached an era where a movie doing 390 cannot be top 5 even over a 12 month period.

LOTR3 had become the 6th biggest dom film all time 

Rank Title(click to view) Studio Lifetime Gross Year^
1 Titanic Par. $600,788,188 1997^
2 Star Wars Fox $460,998,007 1977^
3 E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial Uni. $435,110,554 1982^
4 Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace Fox $431,088,301 1999^
5 Spider-Man Sony $403,706,375 2002
6 The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King NL $377,013,073 2003^

4 minutes ago, John Marston said:

So so a massive hit on its budget. Looks like it will cross 100m as well

Which is why Universal is probably already shooting the 4th installment, even though these "50 shades" movies are as bad as it gets. I've seen two of them, and even my wife agrees they are laughable at best, horrible at worst.

In this latest film, half the time it seems like the two main actors are speaking their lines phonetically. I mean, it's bad. But the audience doesn't care and Universal is raking in cash.

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

$108m is just off the charts. That beats Jurassic World's second weekend. I guess I have to concede that $600m is likely at this point, when just three days I go I thought it nearly impossible. 

Can't even call the OW "inflated" any more, unless by "inflated" one merely means "Gargantuan". 

Edited by SteveJaros

What worries me about Black Panthers run isn't the fact people have flocked to see it in America, as far I know it's a great superhero movie. It's how well Infinity War will do that worries me... the better IW does.. the more superhero movies there will be. I'll do what I can to support original films by film-makers but I fear that business plan film-making is becoming more and more prolific.

I'm envisioning a dark world, a horrible place, where cinema only shows superhero movies and everything else is straight to netflix... please will someone save us? There's only one person who can save us... he will and can, god bless his soul.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 3