WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 80) | Black Panther 111.7M | Game Night 17M | Peter Rabbit 12.8M | Annihilation 11.1M | Fifty Shades Freed 7.1M | Jumanji 5.7M

For Lady Bird to make 50m, you needed to have critics saying to you for 6 months it s one of the best movies ever made.

What an accomplishment in deed.

I am stunned.

:o:what:

Edited by The Futurist

2 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Jimbo you are obsessed with Avatar XD 

Imagine knowing full well that the biggest meteor of all time is about to smash into the planet at a 100kmph, you can see it coming but everyone else is sleeping with their eyes open. A2 will turn cinema upside down.

• Astonished 1

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

Imagine knowing full well that the biggest meteor of all time is about to smash into the planet at a 100kmph, you can see it coming but everyone else is sleeping with their eyes open. A2 will turn cinema upside down.

I think Avatar 2 will smash Avatar record. 

• Like 1

So here are the trends for Panther compared to Deadpool. 

Days 1-4: Panther was 59% ahead. 

Days 5-8: Panther was 77% ahead.

Days 9-10: Panther was 96% ahead. 

You gotta like the way it's increasing that lead. Deadpool made another $126m, so Panther needs to run 98% ahead for $650m and needs to run 138% ahead for $700m. $650m certainly looks very possible to me. 

• Like 6
  • Astonished 2

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

You gotta like the way it's increasing that lead. Deadpool made another $126m, so Panther needs to run 98% ahead for $650m and needs to run 138% ahead for $700m. $650m certainly looks very possible to me. 

I hope pass JW

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

tomorrows drop could be huge

26 minutes ago, CJohn said:

The problem is that with Fox getting bought by Disney 4 of those movies you mentioned would never get made.

That simply isn't true and people are going to be very very wrong about this.  Disney plans to let Fox do what they usually do but with some integrated cost savings.  

Disney needs more content, not less and they are going to let Fox and Fox Searchlight continue to operated as usual.  

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

That simply isn't true and people are going to be very very wrong about this.  Disney plans to let Fox do what they usually do but with some integrated cost savings.  

Disney needs more content, not less and they are going to let Fox and Fox Searchlight continue to operated as usual.  

So they'd still willingly distribute films like, say, Red Sparrow or A Cure for Wellness to name just two?

• Thanks 1

Overall overseas, the Ryan Coogler-helmed superhero movie is now running 40% ahead of Doctor Strange, 15% above Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2and 6% higher than Thor: Ragnarok at the same stage of play and in the same markets. 

Source: http://deadline.com/2018/02/black-panther-operation-red-sea-china-fifty-shades-jumanji-greatest-showman-weekend-international-box-office-1202302656/

• Like 3