WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 80) | Black Panther 111.7M | Game Night 17M | Peter Rabbit 12.8M | Annihilation 11.1M | Fifty Shades Freed 7.1M | Jumanji 5.7M

2 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

It depends, BP could explode again over the weekend but getting a 100 million 2nd weekend is no easy feat. 

Its only a recent trend started by The Avengers. 

Every $200M+ OW DOM has followed up with $100M+ sophomore weekend save Last Jedi, right? I know it's tough, but I think it can definitely happen here.

• Like 2

Just now, JohnnyGossamer said:

Every $200M+ OW DOM has followed up with $100M+ sophomore weekend save Last Jedi, right? I know it's tough, but I think it can definitely happen here.

Well, TLJ was a pile of shit. Why it didn’t reach 100 mil second weekend.

Deadline's comps for Annihilation:

In regards to comps to Annihilation, there are films like Life which made $800K on its first Thursday before posting a $4.4M Friday and $12.5M opening. There’s also Arrival, which at a $1.45M Thursday yielded a $9.4M Friday and $24.1M three-day. 

What would it take for Game Night to breakout to a 100M result? Because, even w/a low 20's OW, I don't think it seems all too likely (unless it has monster legs, which, given how it seems to have pretty strong wom, wouldn't be an impossible thing).

Don't forget that your Daddy's Home 2's and Pitch Perfect 3's of the world got to 100M w/help from the holidays, and they only crossed it by about 3-6M or something like that. Granted, they were sequels and their wom wasn't as good as Game Night's, but still.

Regardless though, it probably has a not-too big budget that can be covered up potentially by DOM alone, so it's looking good already.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

4 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

What would it take for Game Night to breakout to a 100M result? Because, even w/a low 20's OW, I don't think it seems all too likely (unless it has monster legs, which, given how it seems to have pretty strong wom, wouldn't be an impossible thing).

Don't forget that your Daddy's Home 2's and Pitch Perfect 3's of the world got to 100M w/help from the holidays, and they only crossed it by about 3-6M or something like that. Granted, they were sequels and their wom wasn't as good as Game Night's, but still.

Regardless though, it probably has a not-too big budget that can be covered up potentially by DOM alone, so it's looking good already.

If it hits 20M, 100M is happening IMO

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

So BP about to make $30m more in its second weekend than TLJ's 2nd weekend? Nice.

It is nice, but TLJ is potentially going to make $50-55m more than Panther for the upcoming Monday-Thursday period. Different ways of racking up the money. Would be awesome if Panther can get up there close to TLJ and Avengers total in the end.

• Like 1

If BP behaves like Deadpool:

Friday - $28.7m

Saturday - $43.0m

Sunday - $28.2m

Weekend - $99.9m

If it behaves like Avengers 1:

Friday - $33.5m

Saturday - $49.2m

Sunday - $35.4m

Weekend - $118.1m

Very good start for Game Night, it should do at least around $20 million ow. I hope $25 million ow, considering R-rated comedies in February are tough debuts, although yes Identity Thief debuted with under $1 million in previews and debuted with $34 million. But this should be dependent on those evening shows. Either way it should be a solid profit for WB.

Annhilation’s start is ok. It needs really $15 million start with overseas making a big helping. But it’s not destined to be a huge failure for Paramount after their last few years of just complete failures. 

• Haha 1