WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 80) | Black Panther 111.7M | Game Night 17M | Peter Rabbit 12.8M | Annihilation 11.1M | Fifty Shades Freed 7.1M | Jumanji 5.7M

Just now, aabattery said:

Not many R-rated comedies are as good as Game Night, though. That being said, I am doubtful of it getting a 5x. Might be a couple of bridges too far.

It's more about what connects more with people. I thought Spy was fantastic and so did critcs and I thought the multi would be something like 5x+, yet it missed 4x and wasn't near as good of a multi as something like the cringey Bad Moms. 

17 minutes ago, Barnack said:

How much director talk about being inspired by it:

https://screenrant.com/skyfall-interview-sam-mendes-james-bond-dark-knight/

Planet of the apes latest trilogy, the new Black Panther movie: https://heroichollywood.com/black-panther-wakanda-gotham-dark-knight/, etc...

Or more superficial stuff like it changed the rules at the Oscar.

There is a long list of short and longer term impact that movie had.

I agree, I admire TDK's impact, that fact that whenever we talk about best superhero film, it's almost a permanent fixture in top 3. Also the amount of memes coming off of it after all these years, those might be superficial, but that's impact showing itself. 

Edited by NCsoft

3 minutes ago, Mulder said:

While I haven't seen it yet ((Going on Tuesday)) Annihilation definitely reminds me of a The Thing or Alien type horror film that gets recognition as time goes on rather then instantly imo.

Well, Alien was a big hit straight away. True about The Thing.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MrGamer said:

Should we give Annihilation a participation trophy while we're at it? :P 

Nah, easily being the best movie that is playing this weekend is enough ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MrGamer said:

Should we give Annihilation a participation trophy while we're at it? :P 

I mean, how can you pass up a movie that gets this review?

"Annihilation is a demented science-fiction comic book of a movie that makes less sense than a butterfly mating with a buffalo."

-- Rex Reed

• Haha 4
  • Astonished 1