WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 80) | Black Panther 111.7M | Game Night 17M | Peter Rabbit 12.8M | Annihilation 11.1M | Fifty Shades Freed 7.1M | Jumanji 5.7M

2 minutes ago, GOXOG said:

i thought 108 get it to 400? 

2 minutes ago, Sliver Legion said:

The cume is 405, so add 10 to everything.

had deadline's early 390+ cume update in mind. epicness bp's number tough to process!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rth Wakanda said:

BP sun 36.5

Impressive, a 113M second Weekend that would be a drop of just 44% (from a holiday weekend) I think the sixth lowest drop ever for a $100+M Opening Weekend (behind only Shrek (-33.2%) (2nd was Memorial Day), Spider-Man (-37.8%), The Force Awakens (-39.8%) (2nd was Christmas), Jungle Book (-40.4%), Wonder Woman (-43.3%)).

10 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

Why? What has Avatar to do with that. Apart from that why are you so obsessed with Avatar?

Well it's becoming easier and easier to make get big domestic numbers, I mean Titanic is the greatest domestic run of all time and it only made $600m. I'm starting to believe $4b is possible, for some reason I don't need to go that high for the told you so factor, most people on here think it will make less than Avatar (how does 2A<A even make sense).

Edited by IronJimbo

Theater Counts next weekend

+ Red Sparrow - 3,100

+ Death Wish - 2,900

Game Night - 3,488

Annihilation - 2,012

Black Panther - 4,020

Every Day - 1,667

The Post - 795

Darkest Hour - 795

Call Me - 675

Phantom Thread - 651

I, Tonya - 423

Commuter - 138 (week 8)

Molly's Game - 104

(-371) Peter Rabbit - 3,336

(-653) Fifty Shades - 2,612

(-250) Jumanji - 2,269

(-550) 15:17 to Paris - 2,202

(-200) Greatest Showman - 1,401

(-352) Maze Runner - 600

(-352) Winchester - 500

(-800) Samson - 340

(-16) Coco - 250

(-198) 12 Strong - 250

(-42) Star Wars - 250

(-166) Hostiles - 250

(-125) Den of Thieves - 225

(-68) Forever - 150

(-4,143) so far....

subtracting 857 from Early Man gives -5k next weekend

(-857) Early Man - 1,637

(+400) Lady Bird - 1,001

(+400) Three Billboards - 1,091

(+400) Shape of Water - 1,121

Suppose these three awards films add 1200 theater counts next weekend, and the only way for this to work is for Early Man to loose an equivalent amount... 

2 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

Absolutely nothing. It's just someone's need to mention "avatar" every two or three lines in order to keep his brain going on with life. 

I love you by the way janeiro thought you should know

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Deathlife said:

Black Panther’s run is melting my brain. Definitely the Beast Incarnate of the year (pun fully intended).

To think that a few years ago some people were wondering if the character was viable at all (particularly on comic forums). Black Panther fans have really had it rough from fellow “fans” particularly in recent times because some dorks that have too much time on their hands constantly rail against minority led titles.

Worse still was the bullshit coming from some UK posters (whom I shall not name)that the movie wasn’t getting traction there at all. LOL..soccer fans would have noticed Jesse Lingard doing a Black Panther celebration when he scored the winner yesterday for Manchester United against Chelsea yesterday, that pretty much shows how much of a pop culture phenomenon the movie has become.

In the UK Black panther picked up a lot of traction during the final week from release when it hit news outlets for its cultural diversity which definitely peaked interest. Its done extremely well here through great WOM. It opened on a tuesday to just under 3m i believe which is like $28m here but is now looking at over 40m total which i believe is better than all the marvel movies from last year. Its having nice holds.