WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 80) | Black Panther 111.7M | Game Night 17M | Peter Rabbit 12.8M | Annihilation 11.1M | Fifty Shades Freed 7.1M | Jumanji 5.7M

4 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

But don't forget, WW had  summer weekdays.

Spring break in US is coming which will help legs. Also, phenomenon's don't require a certain time frame. With the WOM BP has, it's going to have tremendous holds over weekends. Both weekend had above average bumps on Saturday and very small Sunday drops, bodes very well for legs. 3.5 multi should happen.

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Y'all underestimate Fallen Kingdom's OS chances. The 1st one made 1B OS alone (only the 4th movie to do it, after Titanic, Avatar and Furious 7; followed by Force Awakens and F8 Of The Furious). If this one follows the 1st one's style of massive four-quadrant popcorn entertainment, it could have a better OS hold than any of us think.

fanboy in me dreams of these JW2 numbers :P

525 Dom + 325 China + 800 OS-C = 1.7b

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

14 minutes ago, a2knet said:

What are the chances that JWFK beats AIW Asia Pacific (led by China numbers obviously) but looses OS thanks to AIW's strength elsewhere? Cause then, if JWFK beats AIW dom, we can have a case where:

JW wins WW (beats AIW AsiaP and dom; beats BP in a few markets handily)

AIW wins OS (non AsiaP over JW)

BP wins Dom

But that's my wishful thinking being a JW fan. More realistic "each wins something" scenario is:

AIW wins WW (beats JW dom and many markets OS outside of AsiaP)

JW wins OS (thanks to AsiaP)

BP wins Dom

My Predictions for those 3, basically in line with the each winning something.

Key: Film Opening/Domestic/OS/Worldwide

Black Panther $202/$675-725/$650-700/$1.325-1.425

Avengers: Infinity War $225/$560-630/$875-950/$1.435-1.580

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom $150/$400-450/$950-1/$1.35-1.45

Jurassic World had much better legs and reception than Age of Ultron in China. If not for losing the majority of screens due to the blackout period, it would have beaten AoU's gross in China (it came extremely close regardless). It's entirely possible that JW:FK beats Infinity War in China due to higher appeal among the GA.

Edited by KP1025
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Black Panther is one of the most surprising box office run and I love it. I think #1 domestic of 2018 is locked.

Not locked yet...

but I would bet it will finish #1 DOM

I can't see it grossing less than 650M DOM, and only 4 movies before managed to reach this milestone

Black Panther success has been a home run for Disney and the Marvel Brand because he has brought a lot of casual fans. Of course a lot of casuals who watched BP may not care for Captain or whoever but even if 10% do, that is a big win for them. 

As much as I look forward to IW I think it just a great romp of the past 10 years and really look forward to the future Black Pather and Spiderman and other solo movies from Marvel as the storyline can go a million directions. 

It seems to me Marvel has found a formula to release almost endless 800+ million WW hits for the future. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Deathlife said:

Black Panther’s run is melting my brain. Definitely the Beast Incarnate of the year (pun fully intended).

To think that a few years ago some people were wondering if the character was viable at all (particularly on comic forums). Black Panther fans have really had it rough from fellow “fans” particularly in recent times because some dorks that have too much time on their hands constantly rail against minority led titles.

Worse still was the bullshit coming from some UK posters (whom I shall not name)that the movie wasn’t getting traction there at all. LOL..soccer fans would have noticed Jesse Lingard doing a Black Panther celebration when he scored the winner yesterday for Manchester United against Chelsea yesterday, that pretty much shows how much of a pop culture phenomenon the movie has become.

In my opinion, it was best Black Panther was made now...

Marvel is an established brand the filmmakers have much more control.

If this was made in like 2013 or 2011, it would have been a pure MCU film then its own standalone royal drama and not been anywhere near as accessible to the overall audience. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Silver and Black and New Mutants

Thanks. It will be interesting to scan those runs. I am especially curious about S&B: will it build on Wonder Woman's success as a well-received female-centric CBM? Will the characters be super sexualized (due to their CBM origins)? Will audiences embrace the story?