WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 80) | Black Panther 111.7M | Game Night 17M | Peter Rabbit 12.8M | Annihilation 11.1M | Fifty Shades Freed 7.1M | Jumanji 5.7M

112 according to Deadline

UPDATED, Monday AM: Early morning estimates show Disney/Marvel’s Black Panther now making $112 million for the weekend, a 45% dip from its Week 1, which is an amazing second-weekend hold for a four-quad event film of this size. Disney will report its official figure later this morning.

...Black Panther‘s second Sunday minted $35.4M, -26% from Saturday.

New Line/Warner Bros.’ Game Night has grown $2M in its weekend projections since Friday night, now coming in at $17M after a $4.4M Sunday, down 37% in second.

Paramount’s Annihilation is spot-on with its Sunday AM outlook with $11M for the weekend in fourth after a $3M Sunday, down 27%.

http://deadline.com/2018/02/black-panther-natalie-portman-annihilation-game-night-weekend-box-office-1202300998/

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 13

1 minute ago, titanic2187 said:

sunday's drop is looking softer than expected across the board

yeah, bodes will for rabbit's and shade's 100m chances if it's stronger for them too. shades projected a big 50% sun drop as it is.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Well it's becoming easier and easier to make get big domestic numbers, I mean Titanic is the greatest domestic run of all time and it only made $600m. I'm starting to believe $4b is possible, for some reason I don't need to go that high for the told you so factor, most people on here think it will make less than Avatar (how does 2A<A even make sense).

4B? Jimbo we’re talking about Avatar 2, not Samson 2

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

giphy.gif

Oh wow, the person in the gif looks really agitated, I hope I'm not inside your head or anything that's never my intention. It's just all this Black Panther excitement is getting me riled up, I've having visions into the future... I can see it now Empire $3b.. $3.5b.. $4b.. it won't stop increasing. Listen mr City it would be a real pity if I got under your skin, I'm here to enjoy myself like everyone else.

Everyone like his post, it will calm him down, thanks in advance.

55 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

my cousin said he was the only one in the cinema today at the black panther showing

Wow an early Monday showing empty during a normal week?! How unusual.

• Haha 2

Avatar 2 comes out in 2020, so it would be nice if the mods would enforce some sort of realistic ground rules on this incessant bullshit.  

I mean, they don't allow people to waltz into a DC thread and make EVERY SINGLE POST about a Marvel movie or vice versa.  Why should the posters on these boards be subjected a poster here making literally every fucking post about James Cameron or Avatar every single fucking week?  It's nonsense that makes reading these boards a pain in the ass.  

• Like 24
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Avatar 2 comes out in 2020, so it would be nice if the mods would enforce some sort of realistic ground rules on this incessant bullshit.  

I mean, they don't allow people to waltz into a DC thread and make EVERY SINGLE POST about a Marvel movie or vice versa.  Why should the posters on these boards be subjected a poster here making literally every fucking post about James Cameron or Avatar every single fucking week?  It's nonsense that makes reading these boards a pain in the ass.  

It is a bit disheartening to see other movies that are incredibly irrelevant to the discussion continually being brought up during one of the craziest BO runs ever. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Ithil said:

Coming the same year as the Aunt May movie.

Aunt May movie should kick off summer in 1st week of May else it's an opportunity wasted. I will be looking forward to #HotMay trending #1 globally.

• Like 2