WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 80) | Black Panther 111.7M | Game Night 17M | Peter Rabbit 12.8M | Annihilation 11.1M | Fifty Shades Freed 7.1M | Jumanji 5.7M

24 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

Because the characters weren't memorable in the slightest.

Avatar's biggest impact was visual effects and 3D cinema which is a huge impact on its own but the storyline is something we have seen before. 

1 hour ago, tawasal said:

Or all of those listed apart from TA, which is certainly going down on BP's huge mandingo very soon. 

I singled out DS cause a) I thought it was blah ha ha and B) because it's similar release time. It's unfair to compare Cap, Thor, IM 10 years ago when MCU wasn't what it is now. So DS and BP had the same fair chance and BP obliterated everything (and maybe even TA by the look of it). :)

@HouseOfTheSun ha,ha it does feel like DS Who?:D

Edited by Valonqar

9 minutes ago, Telehilation said:

@#ED and @MrPink are the elderly, nicer grandpas in the Nolanite movement.

Grandpa? :unsure:

2 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

I hope Annihilation call pull a Witch and have a respectable drop next weekend. If it came close to its budget in the States it'd be a win honestly. Paramount still didn't have enough faith in it. 

Weirdly the run I had in mind was Drive. Opened with around 11m, and actually legged it to 35m or so despite a C Cinemascore and stuff

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

I hope Annihilation call pull a Witch and have a respectable drop next weekend. If it came close to its budget in the States it'd be a win honestly. Paramount still didn't have enough faith in it. 

The people who love it are really passionate about it, so hopefully that can lead to... decent legs? Anything over 30m seems like it would be a mild win, given all the circumstances.

• Like 1

8 (6) The Greatest Showman 20th Century Fox $3,411,649 -32% 1,601 $2,131   $160,778,519 10

11 (13) Three Billboards Outside Eb… Fox Searchlight $1,247,624 -18% 691 $1,806   $50,152,203 16

12 (10) The Post 20th Century Fox $1,240,961 -38% 795 $1,561   $78,888,962 10

13 (12) The Shape of Water Fox Searchlight $1,180,255 -29% 721 $1,637   $55,366,099 13
  • Like 2