Plain Old Tele

Tele's Year in Movies - 2017 | Top Ten revealed! (pg3)

Which movies will make my top 15? Is there a single blockbuster I liked last year? Coming to you soon, in glorious audio/visual projection!

A brief explanation for anyone relatively new: 

The last couple of years, I've made a few videos, incorporating footage from all the movies I saw. The first video will be a quick look at 2017 in general, leading into a few honorable mentions that didn't quite make my list, and then my picks for 15-11. My top ten will be a separate video, coming a short time later.

Most of the shots should be pretty recognizable to everyone here, but I'm interested to see if anyone can spot them all. I hope you enjoy (as soon as it's up)! :ph34r: 

For the curious, 2016's thread is here: https://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/23249-teles-year-in-movies-2016-top-ten-is-up-pg-4-its-finished-its-done/

And here's 2015's: http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/20997-teles-year-in-movies-2015-epic-conclusion-on-page-4/

All legacy videos behind the tags:

2016 videos:

2015 videos:

Edited by Telehilation
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

I just checked the timestamps on my other years and jesus, I'm a month behind.

:kitschjob: 

Anyway, here is the montage! (For those new to this, it's a montage of every 2017 release I saw, set to music from 2017 movies.) Also included, my honorable mentions (18-16) and 15-11 of my top fifteen.

Edited by Telehilation
  • Like 15
  • ...wtf 1

5 minutes ago, Telehilation said:

Anyway, here is the montage! (For those new to this, it's a montage of every 2016 release I saw, set to music from 2016 movies.) Also included, my honorable mentions (18-16) and 15-11 of my top fifteen.

You're off your game, Tele.

Loved the video though. Looking forward to the rest.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Telehilation said:

Anyway, here is the montage! (For those new to this, it's a montage of every 2017 release I saw, set to music from 2017 movies.) Also included, my honorable mentions (18-16) and 15-11 of my top fifteen.

You saw Apes?  Nice.

You put mother!, Shape of Water, and Blade Runner all outside the top ten? WTF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Damn Tele, you just proving why the most amazing poster in here by this awesome project of yours and the 2 previous ones. You have better editing than most youtubers I follow. And your movie taste is just beyond awesome. We almost have the identical top 10s in the previous 3 years. I would have loved if Room was #1 spot, but it's forgiven just because another amazing movie beat it. Also, not having the darling of hollywood La La Land in your top 10 must kill some people in here. 

Thanks for the amazing videos Tele.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tawasal said:

Damn Tele, you just proving why the most amazing poster in here by this awesome project of yours and the 2 previous ones. You have better editing than most youtubers I follow. And your movie taste is just beyond awesome. We almost have the identical top 10s in the previous 3 years. I would have loved if Room was #1 spot, but it's forgiven just because another amazing movie beat it. Also, not having the darling of hollywood La La Land in your top 10 must kill some people in here. 

1 hour ago, Treeing Me Apart said:

Truly, the highest compliment anyone could pay you @Telehilation

I'll happily accept any compliment. :lol: But yeah, I'm both proud and not proud of these videos. Proud because yes, I think they're fun to watch and I'm glad people enjoy them. Not proud because honestly any first-year editing student could (and should) be able to make these, and they could be better if I put more time and energy into them (and had access to more than trailers with full mixes).

• Like 1

• Community Manager
2 hours ago, tawasal said:

It's almost like Tele is a professional or something.

• Like 4

• Community Manager
4 minutes ago, Telehilation said:

:jeb!: 

It must have killed you having to look up the Captain Underpants trailer just so you could include it in the video for like two seconds. It must have triggered your PTSD.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1