Plain Old Tele

Tele's Year in Movies - 2017 | Top Ten revealed! (pg3)

20 minutes ago, Treeing Me Apart said:

nice vid. What's the music in your countdown?

Opening title card: "Come Together" / Justice League (cover)

First part: "The Orient Express" / Murder on the Orient Express (Patrick Doyle)

Second part: "Planet of the Escapes" / War for the Planet of the Apes (Michael Giacchino)

Third part: "Presto Museum Battle" / John Wick 2 (Ciscandra Nostalghia, Tyler Bates & Joel J. Richard)

Fourth part: "Gangster's Paradise" / Valerian (instrumental cover)

Fifth part: "Go Go Power Rangers / End Titles" / Power Rangers (Brian Tyler)

Edited by Telehilation
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I love how Tele devoted Captain Underpants’ screen time to one brief 2 second snippet btw.  He even gave more to Life

You could try to guess which movies I liked the most/least based on appearances in the montage. 

(I don't think there's a direct correlation but maybe it's involuntary and I didn't notice.) :ph34r: 

• Like 1

Just now, Telehilation said:

You could try to guess which movies I liked the most/least based on appearances in the montage. 

(I don't think there's a direct correlation but maybe it's involuntary and I didn't notice.) :ph34r: 

Will you share your full rankings after the best/worst videos?

2 hours ago, Water Bottle said:

It's almost like Tele is a professional or something.

yeah i agree almost. he's not quite there yet but there's definitely been signs of improvement in the videos over the years. dude just needs to keep the practice up!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Telehilation said:

I'll happily accept any compliment. :lol: But yeah, I'm both proud and not proud of these videos. Proud because yes, I think they're fun to watch and I'm glad people enjoy them. Not proud because honestly any first-year editing student could (and should) be able to make these, and they could be better if I put more time and energy into them (and had access to more than trailers with full mixes).

The so-called professionals in youtube only put jump-cuts here and there and that's their story-time video and vlogs don't require that much effort either.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tawasal said:

btw I am trying to do a similar video to yours but just about the movies of these decade i liked the most. 

Cool! Best of luck and please share when you're done, I'd love to see it. (That's the sort of thing that I'd like to do to, if I ever have a good chunk of free time on my hands.)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Telehilation said:

Cool! Best of luck and please share when you're done, I'd love to see it. (That's the sort of thing that I'd like to do to, if I ever have a good chunk of free time on my hands.)

I will. But as the amateur I am it will take me time and be shit. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Telehilation said:

Which movies will make my top 15? Is there a single blockbuster I liked last year? Coming to you soon, in glorious audio/visual projection!

A brief explanation for anyone relatively new: 

The last couple of years, I've made a few videos, incorporating footage from all the movies I saw. The first video will be a quick look at 2017 in general, leading into a few honorable mentions that didn't quite make my list, and then my picks for 15-11. My top ten will be a separate video, coming a short time later.

Most of the shots should be pretty recognizable to everyone here, but I'm interested to see if anyone can spot them all. I hope you enjoy (as soon as it's up)! :ph34r: 

For the curious, 2016's thread is here: https://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/23249-teles-year-in-movies-2016-top-ten-is-up-pg-4-its-finished-its-done/

And here's 2015's: http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/20997-teles-year-in-movies-2015-epic-conclusion-on-page-4/

All legacy videos behind the tags:

Reveal hidden contents

Pretty much my response to Tele's opinion on film in the last few years:  

PlainTautIrishsetter-size_restricted.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 3