Plain Old Tele

Tele's Year in Movies - 2017 | Top Ten revealed! (pg3)

1 hour ago, tawasal said:

This is what I could conjure up so far... 

In no particular order: 

Nice start! A couple of suggestions: I'd lose the company logos or use them very specifically -- one per film. I'd also lose the marketing copy from the trailers (cover with other shots). Less is almost always more, when it comes to shots, especially if you're going to be adding more films to the list. Right now it feels a little unbalanced (I know it's just a start) because I (the viewer) am a bit unclear of any order or any greater context or meaning. You don't need to have a countdown, per se, but it might be helpful to clarify at the top where the video is heading overall. What can also help tie it all together is music... I know as soon as you start using dialogue, you're almost always limiting yourself because you don't have isolated audio tracks. But using a couple of tracks (either score or song) as a guideline will also help anchor each movie to the next.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Telehilation said:

Nice start! A couple of suggestions: I'd lose the company logos or use them very specifically -- one per film. I'd also lose the marketing copy from the trailers (cover with other shots). Less is almost always more, when it comes to shots, especially if you're going to be adding more films to the list. Right now it feels a little unbalanced (I know it's just a start) because I (the viewer) am a bit unclear of any order or any greater context or meaning. You don't need to have a countdown, per se, but it might be helpful to clarify at the top where the video is heading overall. What can also help tie it all together is music... I know as soon as you start using dialogue, you're almost always limiting yourself because you don't have isolated audio tracks. But using a couple of tracks (either score or song) as a guideline will also help anchor each movie to the next.

Thanks. That will help a lot.

This is the first video I ever put together myself. 

• Like 1

As always, fantastic work putting it together, Tele.  I must say, our taste this year seems to be miles apart, for the most part.  But this is your list, not mine.  I'm glad you have an ecelctic list this year.  For what it's worth,  here's my comments per film:

Ive read from so many on line brats that The Post is nothing more than Oscar bait, and I think they are so wrong.  It's obviously a very relevant film, especially for the times we are living in now.  Good choice for a top ten film, no doubt.

I've said my piece about TLJ many times now.  #NotmyStarWars

I think I need to see Apes again because it really depressed me the first time and I have a really hard time watching any film that tortures animals.  But beyond that, I found it to be a bit too slow and lacked the focus and gravitas of the first two.

I've tried to find The Florida Project and can't do so.  I will see this one eventually.  It looks fantastic.

I loved the acting in Phantom Thread but the film was slow and I just couldn't find any interest in the subject matter.  Not a bad film but not near top 25 for me.

Haven't seen Five Came Back.  But it's on Netflix so I will find it.

Wow!  A comic book movie on your top ten list of the year!  Good to see we both loved Logan.  I had this in my top ten as well.

Dunkirk was good.  Not great, imo.  

Get Out!  Love that you have this one so high.  It's great for me personally, to see a horror film get so much recognition.  Great choice here.

I haven't seen Mudbound, but again, a Netflix original, so I'll find it.

Great job, as always!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Mudbound at #1 is a pleasant surprise, but damn, this was kind of casual with the inclusion of Logan, Apes, and TLJ :jeb!: nobody bring up jumanji on mine

Those are three un-casual blockbusters, for me. :lol: 

tbh, outside of the top five, a re-watch could change the order quite a bit from 6-15. They're all fairly close to each other. 

Edited by Telehilation
  • Like 4