WrathOfHan

Monday Numbers: Black Panther 8M Guru

TFA and BP had 40 1st Monday. 2nd Monday TFA was 31 and BP is 8-9. Not any slight on BP but just to show that December legs are something else, TFA was something else and BP needed TFA's multiplier to get 760. RO's multiplier of 3.4x give 685-690. Around that is the high-end imo while should not fall below 630-635.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

TFA and BP had 40 1st Monday. 2nd Monday TFA was 31 and BP is 8-9. Not any slight on BP but just to show that December legs are something else, TFA was something else and BP needed TFA's multiplier to get 760. RO's multiplier of 3.4x give 685-690. Around that is the high-end imo while should not fall below 630-635.

Like @grey ghost suggested earlier, JW may be the best comp for BP going forward. Me beeing a diehard JP fan wants BP to finish under that 652M of course, but at this point anything between 625-670M is very possible for Black Panther.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

I doubt breaking titanic's number would be that easy as many suggest. JW has strong summer weekdays+ Independence day holiday+ LD late push but still marginally failed, BP with lesser weekdays bump, with find it harder to match JW, mid-march spring holidays may change that still....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

where's rth when you need him

I mean, you can have personal bias against Empire, but he is still giving us insider infos and numbers way before they come come out officially. Insulting him - directly or indirectly like you did here - is like biting the hand that feeds you. Not a good idea.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

You guys do realize that no matter what BP does from here on out, it's already destroyed all expectations?  8 mill Monday at the end of Feruary is kind of ridiculous.

• Like 12

3 hours ago, Brainbug said:

I mean, you can have personal bias against Empire, but he is still giving us insider infos and numbers way before they come come out officially. Insulting him - directly or indirectly like you did here - is like biting the hand that feeds you. Not a good idea.

You reap what you sow.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Oh dear, I can see a "it's me or him!" scenario on the horizon, using his numbers as leverage to exile me. Let's hope it doesn't come down to that.

• ...wtf 1

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Monday Numbers: Black Panther 9M (not asgard)

Poor EmpireCity, will be forever known as the other purple guy who isn't as accurate as asgard, that said the number looks about right looking about at Deadpool and Avengers.

Poor IronJimbo will forever be known as that other Cameron fanboy who wasn’t as obsessed as the historic Kalel or CameronScholar!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

You guys do realize that no matter what BP does from here on out, it's already destroyed all expectations?  8 mill Monday at the end of Feruary is kind of ridiculous.

Like most on here I never saw this coming, that opening weekend was ridiculous.

• Like 1

Just now, The Mad Panda said:

Poor IronJimbo will forever be known as that other Cameron fanboy who wasn’t as obsessed as the historic Kalel or CameronScholar!

No shame in that, I wish Kal would come back and I've never seen anyone as well-spoken as Cameron Scholar (at least on internet boards)

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1