WrathOfHan

Monday Numbers: Black Panther 8M Guru

7 minutes ago, baumer said:

You guys do realize that no matter what BP does from here on out, it's already destroyed all expectations?  8 mill Monday at the end of Feruary is kind of ridiculous.

It's all about tracking towards franchise milestones from here on out. 

The tribal war between fandoms demands it. :sparta:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Treeing Me Apart said:

is kal properly gone?

he comes in and says hi every 6 or so months in the Avatar thread, haven't seen him in a while. He's got married and moved on it seems, maybe he'll come back for Avatar 2.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Sad 3

BP doesn't need summer or holiday weekdays to go 3.5x+. It will do it the way every other WOM non-summer/non-holiday movie with a 3.5x+ multi has, by having insane weekends. Won't be surprised if it gets a 150%+ Friday bump this week. You look at something like JW and it had rather meh 45-50% 3rd and 4th weekend drops. BP's holds will be way better than that. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

he comes in and says hi every 6 or so months in the Avatar thread, haven't seen him in a while. He's got married and moved on it seems, maybe he'll come back for Avatar 2.

For the 'older users' on here, they would remember the battle in 2006 when he thought Superman Returns would beat Dead Mans Chest. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

BP doesn't need summer or holiday weekdays to go 3.5x+. It will do it the way every other WOM non-summer/non-holiday movie with a 3.5x+ multi has, by having insane weekends. Won't be surprised if it gets a 150%+ Friday bump this week. You look at something like JW and it had rather meh 45-50% 3rd and 4th weekend drops. BP's holds will be way better than that. 

JW's second weekend was inflated by Father's Day and the weekday numbers were very good. I think the 3rd weekend was actually pretty good in context.

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

JW's second weekend was inflated by Father's Day and the weekday numbers were very good. I think the 3rd weekend was actually pretty good in context.

Well I think a 35% or so 3rd weekend hold is coming for BP so that would be way better than JW, but we'll see.