JJ-8

April 2018 | Investments & Monthly Thread | And so everything is now available (unless its gone of course ;P )

feel free to tag anyone else who you think might be interested...

@CJohn

@Exxdee

@chasmmi

@grey ghost

@Simionski

@MCKillswitch123

@The Dark Alfred

@Wrath

@BourneFan #1

@DAJK

(I've included those that played in the past 12 to 18 months)

I'm also thinking of running a few games a year rather than a year long game.

1. Summer Game

This year will be a short game run from 1st June to 3rd September (you can invest in any film that opens between these dates under normal investment rules ie. 1 month ahead etc) 

In future i'd run it from the first weekend of Summer till labor day weekend.

2. Winter Game

Last weekend in October to Last weekend in February

It will also give me a break going forward.  Unless you think it's worthwhile to run a full year game ?

I realise this does leave September, March and April mostly outside of the game, but I think it's unrealistic to run it year long.. it's a bit much for everyone!

Welcome thoughts on the proposed changes before I implement.  Once again welcome any comments or changes and thoughts - especially from those who dropped out (PM me if you don't want to post - as I would like to understand what makes the game fun and playable.)

As noted, feel free tag anyone who you think might be interested while we discuss options.

14 minutes ago, JJ-8 said:

Ok here is a new set of proposed rules :-

@chasmmi @grey ghost @Simionski

Game is reset (I don't quite see the point in continuing right now, as Chas pointed out, it's too hard to enter mid year)  ~ Still deciding which weekend the reset happens on

(I'll still count out what has happened this year but end the game as it stands based on our current investments up to and including the last few investments.)

(I'm thinking the new game will start the weekend post Memorial weekend but still playing around in my head)

Proposed set of rules

1. Everyone starts with 250m in the bank
  2. There is only 100% available per film.  
  3. Max investment per player is 70%.
    1. 2 Weeks prior to release  and no investment has been made, this is reduced to 50% max
    2. 1 week prior to release and no investment has been made, this is reduced to 30% max
    3. 1 day prior to release and no investment has been made, this is put  to 100% max
    4. If "1 Player" has invested inside 2 weeks from investment (under the  above rules), then  that player (and  only that player) may choose to invest too 100% now.  If someone does invest then this rule DOES NOT apply.
  4. BUDGET updates as follows:
    1. 4 weeks (first available) = 100% of game budget
    2. 2 weeks prior to release and no investment made Game budget = 75% of game budget
    3. 1 week prior to release and no investment made Game budget = 50% of original game budget
  5. Best in Best dressed, no more auctions or splitting the  film up.. you get what you purchase assuming its available.
  6. 300% rules remains as is.  wide releases are what matters

Any other ideas ?

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I think right before November is a good time to start the game.

It gives time to build up anticipation for one of the peak movie seasons and a reboot of the game.

What do you think?

reposting here because they were on the page before :P

i'd like to run a kind of test run for the remainder of summer hence the short version starting in early june.  Winter game aligns closely to your thinking above though.

ok guys, I find myself now in a place where I no longer have time (or desire) to keep this going at the moment.  I think given the state of the game this year, I might give it a break for 6 months and look to revive this in a different format from the 1st November (possibly later depending on my personal life)

If you desire i'll do a final update of where things are at, but it will be last one for a bit.  Sorry guys... for now the game dies... I do plan on reviving again but I think we need a break so the game can come back new and invigorated!

@chasmmi, @grey ghost, @Simionski

JJ-8

• Thanks 1