aabattery

Yesterday | Musical with Beatles songs | 28th June, 2019 | Directed by Danny Boyle, written by Richard Curtis

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

if i found myself in this situation Maxwell's Silver Hammer would be the first beatles song i'd play and folks would be all "get the hell outta here you turd". 

Maybe that's how he "reverses" the alternate universe.

This looks fantastic. Love the premise, I wrote something sorta like that in high school English about a kid who wakes up in a world where Shakespeare never existed so he hands in Hamlet as his final project and the teacher gives him a bad grade because there's no depth to it.

Anywho, glad a concept like this is being handled by people who actually know how to tell a story. This looks like it could be really good, and have some real box office potential. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

5 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

if i found myself in this situation Maxwell's Silver Hammer would be the first beatles song i'd play and folks would be all "get the hell outta here you turd". 

If I were in his situation I'd be fucked because I don't think I can recall the lyrics of any song in it's entirety, let alone every single Beatles song.

Hell, even if I did know all the lyrics and the notes and whatever, I'm not sure my shitty, out of rhythm, off key renditions of the Beatles greatest hits would do anything but get laughed at.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, aabattery said:

If I were in his situation I'd be fucked because I don't think I can recall the lyrics of any song in it's entirety, let alone every single Beatles song.

Hell, even if I did know all the lyrics and the notes and whatever, I'm not sure my shitty, out of rhythm, off key renditions of the Beatles greatest hits would do anything but get laughed at.

Well, if you find yourself in times of trouble. Mother Mary come to you whispering words of wisdom. Let it be. Let it be.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

Actually my pops would be like hell ya.   

9 hours ago, DAJK said:

This looks fantastic. Love the premise, I wrote something sorta like that in high school English about a kid who wakes up in a world where Shakespeare never existed so he hands in Hamlet as his final project and the teacher gives him a bad grade because there's no depth to it.

Anywho, glad a concept like this is being handled by people who actually know how to tell a story. This looks like it could be really good, and have some real box office potential. 

It probably won't be addressed in the film but having no Beatles means a lot of songs which they did solo would also be up for grabs as well. 

• Like 1