aabattery

Yesterday | Musical with Beatles songs | 28th June, 2019 | Directed by Danny Boyle, written by Richard Curtis

1 minute ago, Rebeccas said:

I feel like the ending is gonna be him waking up in the hospital to find it was all a Wizard of Oz-like dream.

Honestly that seems too obvious. The suggestion in the trailer is that it's all in his head. Would be interesting if there is a twist and that doesn't happen.

Edited by Avatree

2 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Honestly that seems too obvious. Would be interesting if there is a twist and that doesn't happen.

It's Richard Curtis. Expect the most expected.

Also the plot synopsis is this guy who's given up on a career in music gets hit by a bus and finds himself in this weird reality.. it's so clear that the ending will have him wake up from this being inspired to not give up on music and realizing that he's in love with Lily James (his best friend).

Edited by Rebeccas

2 hours ago, Rebeccas said:

It's Richard Curtis. Expect the most expected.

Also the plot synopsis is this guy who's given up on a career in music gets hit by a bus and finds himself in this weird reality.. it's so clear that the ending will have him wake up from this being inspired to not give up on music and realizing that he's in love with Lily James (his best friend).

yeah this seems obvious. till going to watch it though lol. 

On 2/13/2019 at 10:05 AM, DAJK said:

I would definitely pay to see this. June's actually looking pretty solid in its selection of movies, what with Toy Story, Men In Black, Pets, this

Idk if I’d say June is looking solid.

Im definitely watching this over everything else in June, though.

I Dont want to spoil the party but i Wrote a similar story when i was seven or eight about me writing McCartneys ”pipes of peace” and my mother got so proud. In real life Shes proud anyways. Quite a lady. 

And i suppose the bus at the beginning took him on a magical mystery tour. Touché. 

Well, it can't be worse then the last time they made a Musical based on Beatles music:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sgt._Pepper's_Lonely_Hearts_Club_Band_(film)

It's one of the legendary disasters in film history.  Both critics and audiences hated it. Almost everybody involved like to pretend it never happened.  Boyle would really have to screw up badly to create a turkey as bad.

Just now, dudalb said:

Well, it can't be worse then the last time they made a Musical based on Beatles music:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sgt._Pepper's_Lonely_Hearts_Club_Band_(film)

It's one of the legendary disasters in film history.  Both critics and audiences hated it. Almost everybody involved like to pretend it never happened.  Boyle would really have to screw up badly to create a turkey as bad.

well across the universe was the last time. that movie is... ok.