Alli

Weekend Thread | Estimates per BOM ~ BP 65.7M, RS 17M, DW 13M, GN 10.7M, PR 10M, ANL 5.65M, J:WTTJ 4.5M, FSF 3.3M, TGS 2.68M

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Lawrence is better than Emma Stone and much better than Emma Watson.

Watson's underrated, though. I love her work in DH1/DH2 and especially Perks, but she was absolutely sensational in Noah. It's not just me. Most critics and audiences pointed her out as being one of, if not the, best in the film...and she was up against Crowe and Connelly.

3 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Watson's underrated, though. I love her work in DH1/DH2 and especially Perks, but she was absolutely sensational in Noah. It's not just me. Most critics and audiences pointed her out as being one of, if not the, best in the film...and she was up against Crowe and Connelly.

After The Circle, she has a LOT to make up for.

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

@WrathOfHan your Queen is coming to Portugal for a concert this Summer.

Very nice.

1 minute ago, AJG said:

Your flop-fave.

There is no actress called Hailey Steinfeld. Either spell her name properly or bug off. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, cookie said:

I honestly think JW2 could struggle to $400m given the way it's kinda puttered out on its marketing so far. The trailers so far haven't been all that impressive.

People keep saying ting this here. How has the marketing been bad? The Super bowl  trailer was very well received 

Edited by John Marston

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

People keep saying ting this here. How has the marketing been bad? The Super bowl  trailer was very well received 

It’s almost like people are letting their opinions of JW cloud their judgments here.

9 hours ago, Nova said:

I've missed so much of the box office that I didn't even know Jumanji was gonna make $400M. I saw what it made OW and then was like hmm this will have a decent run but not to FOUR HUNDRED MILLION. I mean 7 months ago I wasn't sure how Black Panther would do. Like I knew it would probably do $300M+ for sure at the time but leading up to it you got the sense it was getting bigger and bigger. Even a month out you'd get the sense it was going to be huge no matter what especially looking at presales and stuff. I never ever expected Jumanji to get to where it's at even after it opened lol 

Jumanji's initial weekend gave no hint as to what was to come. As of Christmas morning, after four days in release, it was at $52 million.

I wonder how many films have started with an opening weekend of less than $55 million and yet went on to earn $400m DOM? I bet the percentage is extremely low. I mean, extraordinarily low. I bet even if we lopped off all the obvious dogs, and made it a range of between $40m and $60m, it would still be extremely low.

Jumanji's legs have been sequoia-trunk size. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Yeah, didn't it edge IW out a bit too after SB ranking were done?

Never bet against Jurassic. 

Three out of four movies have broken the opening weekend record. 

Not that this will, but not many will be able to resist seeing the dinosaurs when it opens. 

Jumanji's initial weekend gave no hint as to what was to come. As of Christmas morning, after four days in release, it was at $52 million.

I wonder how many films have started with an opening weekend of less than $55 million and yet went on to earn $400m DOM? I bet the percentage is extremely low. I mean, extraordinarily low. I bet even if we lopped off all the obvious dogs, and made it a range of between $40m and $60m, it would still be extremely low.

Jumanji already has a bigger multiplier and better legs than Frozen, which is known for its amazing holiday legs. Pretty crazy run.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SteveJaros said:

There's only 29 movies over $400m at the moment, so it wasn't hard to check.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

There's only 29 movies over $400m at the moment, so it wasn't hard to check.

This is in Jurassic Park, The Lion King, Titanic, and ... ?   

E.T and Star Wars both get there in rereleases. Is it those three in addition to Jumanji, or did I just miss one.

Edit: Jurassic Park and The Lion Kind also get there in the rereleases, actually. I have 5 total and only Titanic in original release.

Edited by Sliver Legion
  • Like 3

Emma Stone can do things Jlaw can't and vice versa, very different animals acting wise, charisma wise and beauty wise.

But they are definitely the two most talented actresses of their generation, and BFFs.

Edited by The Futurist