Alli

Weekend Thread | Estimates per BOM ~ BP 65.7M, RS 17M, DW 13M, GN 10.7M, PR 10M, ANL 5.65M, J:WTTJ 4.5M, FSF 3.3M, TGS 2.68M

Black Panther is a lock for highest grossing superhero film period by this point. It will be around $40M ahead of The Avengers through both films third weekend. Avengers will make up some ground next weekend since its fourth weekend was Memorial Day weekend, but making up $40M probably isn't happening. 

9 minutes ago, kswiston said:

Black Panther is a lock for highest grossing superhero film period by this point. It will be around $40M ahead of The Avengers through both films third weekend. Avengers will make up some ground next weekend since its fourth weekend was Memorial Day weekend, but making up $40M probably isn't happening. 

only thing I could see would be the summer weekdays coming back to help TA's however, I don't see it being enough unless the screen count just dives over the next 3 weeks due to the sheer dumpster fire # of films opening between now and Easter.

8 hours ago, Mr Impossible said:

I don’t know about you guys but I see almost no buzz for Ready Player One. Don’t see a $50M+ OW at all it could turn out like BR 2049 in terms of being a surprise boxoffice flop. 

Does anyone think it's opening to 50? Maybe half that

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

A lot were thinking quite a bit higher than that not that long ago. The late marketing has really made it look like a certified flop. 

I'm sure I made some posts about it doing well a while ago, on paper it should be a hit. But it looks lifeless and awful. Berg plz

6 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Emma Stone can do things Jlaw can't and vice versa, very different animals acting wise, charisma wise and beauty wise.

But they are definitely the two most talented actresses of their generation, and BFFs.

:winomg:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Emma Stone can do things Jlaw can't and vice versa, very different animals acting wise, charisma wise and beauty wise.

But they are definitely the two most talented actresses of their generation, and BFFs.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Alexiswills12 said:

It’s mostly due to the fact that only those three (young white actresses) get hired for all the big jobs. It’s easy to be top 3 when there are only 3 getting hired.

They aren't even the best white Millennial actresses tbh

anigif_sub-buzz-28527-1516739302-1.gif

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Is Emma Stone a big actress? I mean I've heard her name sure but she's only been in a few movies, La La land being one of the few most would consider good. Jennifer Larence has been in more and better movies, but still.... 

14 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

Is Emma Stone a big actress? I mean I've heard her name sure but she's only been in a few movies, La La land being one of the few most would consider good. Jennifer Larence has been in more and better movies, but still.... 

They've each been in about 20 movies so far.

2 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

meh weekend before wannabe March blockbusters of WiT,TR,RPO an PacRim2 struggle to hit 250m combined domestic

The slate this March is super week, compared to last year. Sigh! 27 April could not come faster. 

Edited by boxofficeth

1 hour ago, Spidey Freak said:

They aren't even the best white Millennial actresses tbh

anigif_sub-buzz-28527-1516739302-1.gif

Anyone who thinks that Stone and Lawrence are the "two most talented actresses of their generation" needs to either watch more movies or truly stop reading American mainstream entertainment rags. I like them both, but damn...   Is it because they both have Oscars? Julia ROberts, Sandra B and GwyPal all have Oscars...

• Like 1

I was just looking through some movie trailers on Youtube and found that the Incredibles 2 Olympics sneak peek has over 40 million views in 2 weeks! R
That's huge. Now with the big wait for over 14 years for this movie, I think it could hit BATB numbers to even TDK + R1 numbers

Edited by the beast
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

I do not agree. I think that La la land+The Help+Birdman (Stone) are way better films than Hunger Games+Silver Linings Playbook+American Hustle (Lawrence), taking their more relevant roles.

Said this, I agree that to call them the best actresses of their generation is a bit misleading.