Alli

Weekend Thread | Estimates per BOM ~ BP 65.7M, RS 17M, DW 13M, GN 10.7M, PR 10M, ANL 5.65M, J:WTTJ 4.5M, FSF 3.3M, TGS 2.68M

2 minutes ago, the beast said:

When does everyone think that Black Panther will hit $1b? I think that by next weekend it will hit around $1.05b-1.1bn

well gavin feng once again on twitter confirmed that Black Panther advanced ticket sales are higher at this point than all of the 2017 mcu releases so with china and other overseas places yes that'll be the right estimate

1 minute ago, iHeartJames said:

well gavin feng once again on twitter confirmed that Black Panther advanced ticket sales are higher at this point than all of the 2017 mcu releases so with china and other overseas places yes that'll be the right estimate

really all depends on WOM in china

• Like 1

Most actresses film twitter/critics are having a hard on forget, on purpose, an important factor : movie star quality, charisma, x factor call it what you want.

Emma & Jlaw have it, indie darlings like Sirsha or Rooney Mara don't have it, they ll do Sundance/Cannes/Ampas movies until the end of times.

From this generation (born around 1990), ony Margot has it too.

A bit before, you had Scarjo.

2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Most actresses film twitter/critics are having a hard on forget, on purpose, an important factor : movie star quality, charisma, x factor call it what you want.

Emma & Jlaw have it, indie darlings like Sirsha or Rooney Mara don't have it, they ll do Sundance/Cannes/Ampas movies until the end of times.

Having charisma and star quality obviously made them succesful. No one is arguing that they’re not the biggest stars of their generation. But success does not equal talent. 

ETA: And this is not to say that J.Lawrence and E.Stone aren’t talented. They’re just not the most talented of their generation. In my (of course, subjective) opinion.

Edited by Alexiswills12
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Alexiswills12 said:

No one is arguing that they’re not the biggest stars of their generation. But success does not equal talent. 

And this is not to say that J.Lawrence and E.Stone aren’t talented. They’re just not the most talented of their generation. 

Even the whole "charisma/Xfactor” thing is debatable. I think that Lupita and Saorsie are a million times more charismatic than Jlaw and Emma, but Hollywood hiring the same two girls over and over probably makes many people believe that these two girls have something " magical”....  

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, boxofficeth said:

I hope no Sat numbers by now means they have a hard time counting all the money BP made yesterday.

I'm going for the idea that "Deadline is too embarrassed since their weekend forecast was $10m too low, again"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, boxofficeth said:

I hope no Sat numbers by now means they have a hard time counting all the money BP made yesterday.

Probably because it's too hard to predict box office on oscar night sunday.

2 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Let's see if JLaw's alleged "movie star quality, charisma, x factor" helps Red Sparrow outgross Lady Bird :popcorn:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • ...wtf 1