kayumanggi

READY PLAYER ONE | 445.2 M overseas ● 582.9 M worldwide

22 hours ago, Barnack said:

It probably depends on Spielberg / Amblin production deal quite a bit how much it need (does he has first dollar point ?).

Budget can growth quite a bit before reaching profitability with a big name director/producer like that.

Apart from Spielberg, there is no big names in the film, I suspect most of the budget went on the VFX. I imagine he's got a cushy deal since he's directing and producing. 

Financing is split between WB, Village Roadshow and Access Entertainment/Dune Entertainment although I wonder if Amblin contributed to the budget at all? 

So WB pulled this out of theatres all over India at the very last minute, having to refund the money that people had paid for prebooking. Apparently rumours are that WB messed up distribution somehow. It’s literally only playing in 10 theatres in the country right now and no new release date has been announced. 

Second time WB has messed up in India after messing up Justice Leagues regional language release. 

46 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

So WB pulled this out of theatres all over India at the very last minute, having to refund the money that people had paid for prebooking. Apparently rumours are that WB messed up distribution somehow. It’s literally only playing in 10 theatres in the country right now and no new release date has been announced. 

Second time WB has messed up in India after messing up Justice Leagues regional language release. 

What happened.. gosh...

3 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

Yep. WB screwed up big time. Movie not released as planned. I got a refund.

The other 64 million does feel a bit weak (China is contributing close to 64 million in the OS OW estimate) since RPO has opened in 62 foreign markets (85% of total OS marketplace). So OS-China isn't looking too hot atm. The world-wide figure will just about crawl past 500 million (I'm assuming CBO brings in 200 million but it has the potential do more).

14 minutes ago, MaxAggressor said:

The other 64 million does feel a bit weak (China is contributing close to 64 million in the OS OW estimate) since RPO has opened in 62 foreign markets (85% of total OS marketplace). So OS-China isn't looking too hot atm. The world-wide figure will just about crawl past 500 million (I'm assuming CBO brings in 200 million but it has the potential do more).

China's estimate for that number was about $62M, so $66M for elsewhere. Honestly, I think that someone at WB messed up the number, because it doesn't make sense. Friday was $28M and change overseas. The film made money on Wed/Thurs. How would Sat+Sun be under $30M combined given that?

EDIT: Wed+Thurs overseas was $13.7M. Friday was $28.2M. So WB has overseas making around $24M for Sat AND Sun. Seems impossible to me, even with holidays messing things up. 

Edited by kswiston

4 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

Just saw the update from Guru.

K:SI did exactly 2.5 times it's OS OW (excluding final totals of China & Japan, both of which saw later theatrical releases). I'm assuming RPO will have slightly better legs than K:SI due to lack of huge competition (maybe Rampage will provide a stiff fight but it ain't BATB & GITS is a bigger OS player than AQP/Blockers).

So [2.6 x (128-61.7)] = 172.38m. This is the OW of 85% of the whole OS market so 100% of the marketplace gets the total to 202.8m. The avg. of 172.38m & 202.8m is 187.59m. It can increase depending upon the reception in Japan.

Domestic - 125m

OS-China - 187.6m

China - 200m

WW Total - (125+187.6+200) = 512.6m.

14 minutes ago, kswiston said:

China's estimate for that number was about $62M, so $66M for elsewhere. Honestly, I think that someone at WB messed up the number, because it doesn't make sense. Friday was $28M and change overseas. The film made money on Wed/Thurs. How would Sat+Sun be under $30M combined given that?

EDIT: Wed+Thurs overseas was $13.7M. Friday was $28.2M. So WB has overseas making around $24M for Sat AND Sun. Seems impossible to me, even with holidays messing things up. 

Huh. It does seem iffy.

Wed+Thu brought in 13.7m. Friday was [108.6 - (27.2+38.8+13.7)] = 28.9m.

So the estimates for Sat. & Sun combined are [(128-61.7) - (28.9+13.7)] = 23.7m. That feels low tbh.

All the sites are reporting 128m for the OS OW. They can't all be wrong at the same time.

So either the schedule is screwing with normal BO proceedings or there must be something we're missing??