Jump to content
The Panda

BOT's Top 100 Movies of All-Time: 2018 Edition - DEADLINE IS TODAY! SEND A LIST!

Recommended Posts

Just now, ThiagoMaia said:

Can I have Kill Bill 1 and 2 as one movie?

i'm going to help Panda out and say no

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Critically Acclaimed Panda said:

You can’t be casual when Linklater is in your top 10

Maybe you have a point but I really think everyone should watch the Before movies. They unexpectedly turned out to be my favorite movie trilogy of all time it seems. They just speak to my heart more than most movies I guess.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ThiagoMaia said:

Can I have Kill Bill 1 and 2 as one movie?

If LOTR are considered separate then I would say Kill Bill should be too

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Critically Acclaimed Panda said:

You can’t be casual when Linklater is in your top 10

Would School of Rock count towards this?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Here it goes. Nothing too offesive, I guess, except having 4 MCU movies on the top 10 (That is, before 2018). I have many more movies from the 10's than other lists, and way less from the eighties. I guess that's because I just started getting into movie on the 10s, most of the old good movies I have watched are here because of the effort I made a couple of years ago to watch all movies on the top 250 of IMDb. I also really love westerns, many of my 10/10 (which go down to number 42 on this list) are westerns in one way or another (No Country for Old Men is not considered a western on Letterboxd, but I consider it to be so.) including my favorite non-MCU movie of all time, Unforgiven.  
Spoiler

 

1   Captain America: Civil War (2016)
2   Unforgiven (1992)
3   Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
4   The Avengers (2012)
5   Pulp Fiction (1994)
6   Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
7   Gone Girl (2014)
8   There Will Be Blood (2007)
9   The Departed (2006)
10   The Dark Knight (2008)
11   Django Unchained (2012)
12   Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)
13   Whiplash (2014)
14   Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964)
15   The Hateful Eight (2015)
16   The Matrix (1999)
17   No Country for Old Men (2007)
18   Blade Runner 2049 (2017)
19   The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
20   Inglourious Basterds (2009)
21   It Happened One Night (1934)
22   Prisoners (2013)
23   Manchester by the Sea (2016)
24   Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
25   12 Angry Men (1957)
26   The Revenant (2015)
27   Inception (2010)
28   Ratatouille (2007)
29   2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)
30   Shaun of the Dead (2004)
31   District 9 (2009)
32   The Wolf of Wall Street (2013)
33   The Bridge on the River Kwai (1957)
34   The Treasure of the Sierra Madre (1948)
35   The Big Lebowski (1998)
36   Saving Private Ryan (1998)
37   Finding Nemo (2003)
38   Casablanca (1942)
39   Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975)
40   City of God (2002)
41   Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (2000)
42   Once Upon a Time in the West (1968)
43   Children of Men (2006)
44   Good Will Hunting (1997)
45   The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966)
46   Seven Samurai (1954)
47   Sicario (2015)
48   Heat (1995)
49   Ben-Hur (1959)
50   Oldboy (2003)
51   La La Land (2016)
52   12 Years a Slave (2013)
53   Judgment at Nuremberg (1961)
54   Memento (2000)
55   Rush (2013)
56   The Hunt (2012)
57   A Clockwork Orange (1971)
58   V for Vendetta (2005)
59   Fargo (1996)
60   One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest (1975)
61   Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)
62   WALL·E (2008)
63   Bone Tomahawk (2015)
64   Iron Man (2008)
65   The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003)
66   The Great Escape (1963)
67   Cool Hand Luke (1967)
68   The Incredibles (2004)
69   World War Z (2013)
70   Get Out (2017)
71   Life Is Beautiful (1997)
72   Forrest Gump (1994)
73   3 Idiots (2009)
74   Roman Holiday (1953)
75   Batman Begins (2005)
76   Silver Linings Playbook (2012)
77   Psycho (1960)
78   Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)
79   Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991)
80   Some Like It Hot (1959)
81   The Apartment (1960)
82   Kill Bill: Vol. 2 (2004)
83   Deadpool (2016)
84   Lawrence of Arabia (1962)
85   Logan (2017)
86   Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)
87   It’s a Wonderful Life (1946)
88   The Godfather: Part II (1974)
89   War for the Planet of the Apes (2017)
90   Hot Fuzz (2007)
91   Barry Lyndon (1975)
92   Scarface (1983)
93   Tropic Thunder (2008)
94   The Raid (2011)
95   All About Eve (1950)
96   The Nice Guys (2016)
97   Watchmen (2009)
98   Papillon (1973)
99   Zodiac (2007)
100   Akira (1988)

 

 

Decade breakdown:

1920 - 0

1930 - 1

1940 - 3

1950 - 7

1960 - 10

1970 - 6

1980 - 3

1990 - 11

2000 - 27

2010 - 32

 

Directors with 3 or more movies on the top 100:

Tarantino - 5

Kubrick - 4

Nolan - 4

Villenueve - 3

Coen Brothers - 3

Edited by ThiagoMaia
Had the decade breakdown wrong
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Sent my list: 

1    Avatar
2    Titanic
3    Star Wars: The Force Awakens
4    Jurassic World
5    Marvel's The Avengers
6    Furious 7
7    Avengers: Age of Ultron
8    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
9    Star Wars: The Last Jedi
10    Frozen
11    Beauty and the Beast (2017)
12    The Fate of the Furious
13    Iron Man 3
14    Minions
15    Captain America: Civil War
16    Transformers: Dark of the Moon
17    The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
18    Skyfall
19    Transformers: Age of Extinction
20    The Dark Knight Rises
21    Toy Story 3
22    Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
23    Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
24    Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
25    Despicable Me 3
26    Jurassic Park
27    Finding Dory
28    Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace
29    Alice in Wonderland (2010)
30    Zootopia
31    The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
32    The Dark Knight
33    Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
34    Despicable Me 2
35    The Lion King
36    The Jungle Book (2016)
37    Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
38    Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle
39    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1
40    The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
41    The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
42    Finding Nemo
43    Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
44    Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
45    The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
46    Shrek 2
47    Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
48    Spider-Man 3
49    Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
50    Spectre
51    Spider-Man: Homecoming
52    Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
53    Ice Age: Continental Drift
54    The Secret Life of Pets
55    Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
56    The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
57    Wolf Warrior 2
58    The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
59    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
60    Inside Out
61    Thor: Ragnarok
62    Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith
63    Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
64    The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2
65    Inception
66    Wonder Woman
67    Spider-Man
68    Independence Day
69    Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them
70    Coco
71    Shrek the Third
72    Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
73    Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
74    E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial
75    Fast & Furious 6
76    Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
77    Spider-Man 2
78    Deadpool
79    Star Wars
80    Guardians of the Galaxy
81    2012
82    Maleficent
83    The Da Vinci Code
84    The Amazing Spider-Man
85    The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1
86    Shrek Forever After
87    X-Men: Days of Future Past
88    Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
89    Suicide Squad
90    The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
91    Monsters University
92    The Matrix Reloaded
93    Up
94    Gravity
95    Captain America: The Winter Soldier
96    The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1
97    Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
98    The Twilight Saga: New Moon
99    Transformers
100    Amazing Spiderman 2
 

 

Didn't notice anyone commenting on this, this list, is the highest grossing movies worldwide without 2018 movies, is it going to count?

 

@Critically Acclaimed Panda

Edited by ThiagoMaia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ThiagoMaia said:

Didn't notice anyone commenting on this, this list, is the highest grossing movies worldwide without 2018 movies, is it going to count?

 

@Critically Acclaimed Panda

People are allowed to use their list however they wish, and I’ll count it.  I’d only take alarm if it appeared like there was a coordinated mass trolling effort (which from the lists I have I can confidently say there isn’t)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So now afaic any of the 100 highest grossers of all time that makes the list is gonna have an asterisk attached to it thanks to that guy. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

So now afaic any of the 100 highest grossers of all time that makes the list is gonna have an asterisk attached to it thanks to that guy. 

Oh the ones that are making it were going to make it anyways looking at the other lists

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Rorschach said:

I think I made it clear by that post that this back and forth argument isn't gonna go anywhere for the both of us.

 

Obviously, I'm not gonna change your mind.

 

...obviously.

.....Or will you?

 

tumblr_inline_oaj8oiQyI21rykhoe_500.gif

 

Spoiler

You won't. jsknfjkdnfksjd

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Sent my list: 

1    Avatar
2    Titanic
3    Star Wars: The Force Awakens
4    Jurassic World
5    Marvel's The Avengers
6    Furious 7
7    Avengers: Age of Ultron
8    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
9    Star Wars: The Last Jedi
10    Frozen
11    Beauty and the Beast (2017)
12    The Fate of the Furious
13    Iron Man 3
14    Minions
15    Captain America: Civil War
16    Transformers: Dark of the Moon
17    The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
18    Skyfall
19    Transformers: Age of Extinction
20    The Dark Knight Rises
21    Toy Story 3
22    Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
23    Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
24    Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
25    Despicable Me 3
26    Jurassic Park
27    Finding Dory
28    Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace
29    Alice in Wonderland (2010)
30    Zootopia
31    The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
32    The Dark Knight
33    Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
34    Despicable Me 2
35    The Lion King
36    The Jungle Book (2016)
37    Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
38    Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle
39    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1
40    The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
41    The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
42    Finding Nemo
43    Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
44    Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
45    The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
46    Shrek 2
47    Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
48    Spider-Man 3
49    Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
50    Spectre
51    Spider-Man: Homecoming
52    Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
53    Ice Age: Continental Drift
54    The Secret Life of Pets
55    Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
56    The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
57    Wolf Warrior 2
58    The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
59    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
60    Inside Out
61    Thor: Ragnarok
62    Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith
63    Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
64    The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2
65    Inception
66    Wonder Woman
67    Spider-Man
68    Independence Day
69    Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them
70    Coco
71    Shrek the Third
72    Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
73    Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
74    E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial
75    Fast & Furious 6
76    Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
77    Spider-Man 2
78    Deadpool
79    Star Wars
80    Guardians of the Galaxy
81    2012
82    Maleficent
83    The Da Vinci Code
84    The Amazing Spider-Man
85    The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1
86    Shrek Forever After
87    X-Men: Days of Future Past
88    Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
89    Suicide Squad
90    The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
91    Monsters University
92    The Matrix Reloaded
93    Up
94    Gravity
95    Captain America: The Winter Soldier
96    The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1
97    Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
98    The Twilight Saga: New Moon
99    Transformers
100    Amazing Spiderman 2
 

 

YES KING !!!!!!! I see I'm not the only one with amazing taste on this here forum.

 

tumblr_inline_oqbjz71sF01qfemna_250.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Critically Acclaimed Panda said:

Oh the ones that are making it were going to make it anyways looking at the other lists

Still it's gonna affect the positions. It's your list of course but I don't see why you'd wanna validate that nonsense. Maybe the rest of us should have saved ourselves the trouble and just copied and pasted the first 100 movies from BOM's adjusted list or the IMDb top 250 or They Shoot Pictures Don't They or whatever. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought JamesCameronScholar had linked the top 100 highest grossing list in here for fun, but had actually not submitted anything or at least a legit list. 

 

If he hasn't... lmao

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Still it's gonna affect the positions. It's your list of course but I don't see why you'd wanna validate that nonsense. Maybe the rest of us should have saved ourselves the trouble and just copied and pasted the first 100 movies from BOM's adjusted list or the IMDb top 250 or They Shoot Pictures Don't They or whatever. 

I’m just saying from my standpoint it’s a tricky position.  I always feel like I’m limited in what I’m free and available to reject.

 

People are allowed to have the opinion they want, but at the same time it is really hard to buy that his list is genuine.

 

@Water Bottle @baumer

 

Do either of you have an opinion on whether it’d be okay to throw out the copy and pasted Top 100 grossing list @JamesCameronScholar Posted?  I’ll go with the moderator opinion.

Edited by Critically Acclaimed Panda
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Critically Acclaimed Panda said:

People are allowed to have the opinion they want, but at the same time it is really hard to buy that his list is genuine.

His top two is genuine. :Venom:

  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah on second thought maybe allow The Last Jedi the points it'd get from being #9 and throw out the rest

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's my much changed from 2 years ago list:

Spoiler

rank Film year
1 A Clockwork Orange 1971
2 The matrix 1999
3 The Dark Knight 2008
4 Inception 2010
5 District 9 2009
6 Mad Max: Fury Road 2015
7 Doctor Zhivago 1965
8 12 Angry Men 1957
9 Apocalypse Now 1979
10 American History X 1998
11 Princess Mononoke 1997
12 City Of God 2002
13 Fight Club 1999
14 Nightcrawler 2014
15 Dances With Wolves 1990
16 Django Unchained 2012
17 Black Swan 2010
18 The Revenant 2015
19 The Grapes Of Wrath 1940
20 Lawrence Of Arabia 1962
21 The Good, The Bad And The Ugly 1966
22 Fiddler On The Roof 1971
23 L.A Confidential 1997
24 The Departed 2006
25 Black Hawk Down 2001
26 Schindler's List 1993
27 Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes 2014
28 The Bridge On The River Kwai 1957
29 Gone Girl 2014
30 The Godfather 1972
31 Fargo 1996
32 The Fellowship Of The Ring 2001
33 Arrival 2016
34 The Thing 1982
35 American Gangster 2007
36 Jaws 1975
37 The Last Emperor 1987
38 Monster 2003
39 The Shawshank Redemption 1994
40 Taxi Driver 1976
41 Psycho 1960
42 The Big Lebowski 1998
43 Double Indemnity 1944
44 Pan’s Labyrinth 2006
45 X Men: First Class 2011
46 Kick-Ass 2010
47 A Monster Calls 2016
48 Dial M For Murder 1954
49 The Martian 2015
50 Saving Private Ryan 1998
51 The Lobster 2016
52 Memento 2000
53 Wind River 2017
54 American Hustle 2013
55 The Dark Knight Rises 2012
56 Vertigo 1958
57 Star Trek Into Darkness 2013
58 The Raid: Redemption 2012
59 Interstellar 2014
60 Once Upon A Time in the West 1968
61 Mad Max: The Road Warrior 1982
62 Logan 2017
63 Gladiator 2000
64 Looper 2012
65 True Grit 2010
66 Eve's Bayou 1997
67 Grave of the Fireflies 1988
68 Mudbound 2017
69 Ryans Daughter 1970
70 The Green Mile 1999
71 One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest 1975
72 Batman Begins 2005
73 Super 8 2011
74 The Impossible 2012
75 Slumdog Millionaire 2008
76 The Social Network 2010
77 Zero Dark Thirty 2012
78 Gravity 2013
79 Captain Phillips 2013
80 Snowpiercer 2014
81 Raising Arizona 1987
82 Hanna 2011
83 Pulp Fiction 1994
84 Sunset Boulevard 1950
85 The Boxer 1997
86 Ex Machina 2015
87 Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes 2011
88 Empire Of The Sun 1987
89 The Fifth Element 1997
90 WALL-E 2008
91 Se7en 1995
92 There Will Be Blood 2007
93 Alien 1979
94 The Name Of The Rose 1986
95 The Night Of The Hunter 1955
96 The Two Towers 2002
97 Do The Right Thing 1989
98 Heat 1995
99 Jackie Brown 1997
100 Unforgiven 1992

 

Here it is sorted by decade, as you can see I have watched a lot of older films since 2016 (I have seen some from the 30's, I just haven't found any that was that good):

decade 2018 list 2016 list change
30's 0 0 0
40's 2 0 2
50's 6 1 5
60's 5 2 3
70's 9 1 8
80's 8 2 6
90's 20 7 13
00's 16 19 -3
10's 34 68 -34

 

Directors with at least 3 films:

6:

Christopher Nolan 

5:

Ridley Scott

4:

David Lean

David Fincher

Steven Spielberg

Coen's

3:

Quentin Tarantino

Alfred Hitchcock

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.