filmlover

Best Supporting Actor Predictions 2018

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

First Man's supporting cast reads like a list of "that guy who you always see and gives good performances but never gets any recognition" dudes. Will be interesting to see if any of them pan out.

No kidding. It's like a '90s studio drama with the number of reliable character actors it's got. Maybe Chazelle realized he gotta get that SAG ensemble nod in order to win Best Picture, before The Shape of Water killed that statistic.

Anyway, I'm rooting for Kyle Chandler to get the nod the most. Has to happen sometime. Man's gonna get one helluva standing ovation if he ever wins for something

31 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

No kidding. It's like a '90s studio drama with the number of reliable character actors it's got. Maybe Chazelle realized he gotta get that SAG ensemble nod in order to win Best Picture, before The Shape of Water killed that statistic.

Anyway, I'm rooting for Kyle Chandler to get the nod the most. Has to happen sometime. Man's gonna get one helluva standing ovation if he ever wins for something

Speaking of 90's studio dramas, I saw this trailer yesterday:

The way the trailer is put together is ripped straight outta that era.

On 3/8/2018 at 9:23 PM, aabattery said:

Speaking of 90's studio dramas, I saw this trailer yesterday:

The way the trailer is put together is ripped straight outta that era.

Man that voiceover is weird, straight from a preview before a film on VHS I would have had as a kid. In fact it's not helpful as a trailer because I can't tell if that tone is accurate to the film or not.

• Like 1

I won't be predicting him until he gains legitimate traction in the race, but I think Michael B. Jordan really did do something special in Black Panther. His performance was very thoughtful, very deep, very adept, very powerful. I'm rooting for him to go as far as he can.

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'd rather Brolin than Jordan tbh (neither should be nominated though unless this is a weak ass year)

if any villain from the first 1/3 of the year has to get nominated here it oughta be jake lacy from Rampage.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Would put him over those two BUT he's not the best:

unsane-3.jpg

Unsane seems kind of interesting to me, so if I see it when it comes out on Redbox, and if I'm impressed by it, I can help vote for it at the Boffies for sure! So maybe Joshua Leonard might be able to get a Boffy nomination!