Alli

Weekend Thread: Weekend estimates pg 38...BP 41.14....WIT 33.31

11 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

According to Forbes BP made about 4.2 on Thursday. Mendelson is usually in the vicinity with his numbers. Nice increase! 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/03/09/box-office-black-panther-might-top-1-billion-today/#2b4af7b0225b

very good thursday. 40+ looks more likely than not,

10 (+138%) + 18 (+80%) + 12 (-33%) = 40

EDIT: Sat and Sun could well be stronger than these holds. So ~9.5 Friday would ensure 40 IMO.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Audience scores:

Thoroughbreds: 80%

Strangers: 61%

Hurricane Heist: 44%

Gringo: 42%

Wrinkle in Time: 30%

Yikes at that Wrinkle in Time score. Even with the lack of family options, I'm guessing it might not have such a good multiplier. 

Edited by Fancyarcher

45 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

That's 5k less than Winchester. Not bad, but if my theater is any indication, it will be MASSIVELY frontloaded.

THIS is what I was talking about the other day when I asked you if you still worked in a cinema. You always say "my theater has sold X tickets for Y day". I'm glad I am not going crazy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Yikes at that Wrinkle in Time score. Even with the lack of family options, I'm guessing it might not have such a good multiplier. 

30% RT score from audience ratings that include,

"Say it isn't so. A Disney movie with a rotten score? I could tell from the trailers that this movie looked like a disaster. First bomb for Disney this year I guess. Disney can't win them all."

Plenty of the 1 star reviews I can see come from users that have no other rating history on RT. That's not to say they are fake - maybe they were so outraged by the movie that it drove them to create a new Rotten Tomatoes account to review it - but just take it with a pinch of salt.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Audience scores:

Thoroughbreds: 80%

Strangers: 61%

Hurricane Heist: 44%

Gringo: 42%

Wrinkle in Time: 30%

These are predictions?