Alli

Weekend Thread: Weekend estimates pg 38...BP 41.14....WIT 33.31

1 minute ago, KP1025 said:

The March roster is so boring this year. I wish just one film can break out and do more than expectations. 

I do too. I know it's the end of March but I'm hoping Ready Player One pulls a Skull Island and busts past people's expectations and gets decent reviews and box office numbers.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Can anyone explain to me why people follow the weekend thread?

I thought you follow a thread when you want to be notified once a new reply happens. But a thread so active is constantly having new updates so where is the point???

If people comment on a thread, they automatically starts following it.

44 minutes ago, The Mad Panda said:

You can choose not to, I wish the default wasn’t to automatically follow.

Can't you turn that off permanently in the settings though? I post yet I don't follow.

Edit: I checked and you can turn it off in the notification settings.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KP1025 said:

The March roster is so boring this year. I wish just one film can break out and do more than expectations. 

I don't see it. Bunch of teens/twenty-somethings. Tomb Raider could surprise, but I wouldn't bet on that.  

I honestly feel like the hype for AWIT died down a long time ago. I remember when Black Panther came out and the week after it, there was a lot of hype for AWIT especially on my social media (Facebook and Twitter) and I haven't seen any of that this weekend or the week leading up to it. 

*Warning* this isn't me lumping AWIT in with Black Panther. I feel like the hype happened back then because of things like Ryan and Ava talking about how they edited their films on the same lot and how AWIT came out to support Black Panther etc 

22 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

At least with Black Panther making bank, no one can blame AWITs underperformance on diversity.

True. But hopefully this will be a reminder that diversity by itself will not automatically make a movie a success. A great movie, with the right actors in the right roles, and making sure it appeals to the majority of the movie-going audience, is what makes a movie a success at the BO. A great director definitely adds to making a movie come out great too.

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

That's a $2,240 PTA, which is strong considering Focus dumped this with little marketing. If it was properly marketed, it could've made much more.

It should at least have a nice shelf life on the home market.