Alli

Wednesday numbers: Game Night-875k

Some people are probably quite happy with how Death Wish performed, the fact that it got such a post release support media push:

http://variety.com/2018/digital/news/death-wish-tops-studios-tv-ad-spending-1202718855/

The movie did almost more domestic opening weekend than pretty much every Willis release post Red 2 (that around 12 movies) and that include a big Sin City sequel.

Not a bad sign for Glass or for MGM return in distribution. As long as that type of title (like den of thieves, 12 strong, Statham action vehicle) continue to overperform on home entertainment / tv like they did in the pass of course.

Edited by Barnack

Solid Wednesday grosses. It will be curious to see if Thursday manages to either stay flat or increase slightly among most films. With 3 new previews starting at 7pm, I would imagine everything but Wrinkle and Panther really gets hurt in the evening showtimes. However, with more schools coming into / going off spring break, I could see thursday being flat also....

And I am out of things to say about Panther at this point (its as bad as Jedi in the opposite direction....) it's done MARVELous...

• Like 1