Alli

Wednesday numbers: Game Night-875k

8 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Honestly, I'm thinking Tomb Raider and Simon are going to have nearly even PTAs; the former is only one ticket ahead of the latter at my theater tomorrow.

Simon seems ahead of TR where I look, but the latter has higher ticket prices. It's also absolutely bombing at most of the IMAX shows I'm seeing, but pretty decent everywhere else

• Like 2

First Wed Drop:

Oz: -27.8%

Cinderella (2015): -21.4% 

AWiT: -32.9%

Discount Tuesday giveth and Regular Wednesday taketh away it seems. :)

FWIW, AWiT did beat BatB's Wed drop of -35.5%.

13 hours ago, Barnack said:

Some people are probably quite happy with how Death Wish performed, the fact that it got such a post release support media push:

http://variety.com/2018/digital/news/death-wish-tops-studios-tv-ad-spending-1202718855/

The movie did almost more domestic opening weekend than pretty much every Willis release post Red 2 (that around 12 movies) and that include a big Sin City sequel.

Not a bad sign for Glass or for MGM return in distribution. As long as that type of title (like den of thieves, 12 strong, Statham action vehicle) continue to overperform on home entertainment / tv like they did in the pass of course.

Those numbers are terrible. The studio expected $20,000,000 opening weekend, and the movie is going to barely gross that in its entirety. Stop. 

• Sad 1