chasmmi

The Summer Game is Here!! Infernus wins it... pipping WrathofHan in the final revels who had to settle for second after leading the whole way... Wrath wrapped it up in third!

7 minutes ago, chasmmi said:

1,145,000. That is the magic number. Above that, the victory goes to Infernus, below and it is Wrath's.

So, I take it that you're going to recognize just how amazing my top 15 was, and give it to me over WrathOfHan if Infernus blows it?

Edited by Wrath
  • Haha 1

1,145,000 points or more has been scored by 11 players so far out of 36. By that account there is a 33% chance that Infernus has this thing won. 

Infernus' final top 15 score was... 935,000 points

Spoiler

...For the positions sections of the top 15. There are still the bonus points that are available... and Infernus scored....

Spoiler

Zero Bonus points, and so stays on 935,000 points and so that overall means that 

Spoiler

It all comes down to how much he scored for gross accuracy in the top 15.

He needs 210,000 points or more to gain victory. 

Spoiler

There were 10 players who scored 210,000 points or more from their grosses section of the top 15.

Of those 10, only 5 scored a total above 1,145,000 for the section as a whole. 

And thus we ask our final question: Is Infernus one of those 5 players to score 210,000 points and more than 1,145,000 overall?

Spoiler

One final fun fact: If this game had ended on September 2nd, there would have been a different winner of the game,

but as it was Infernus' final top 15 total was 1,223,000 points to give a final total of 5,511,501 and victory in the 2018 Summer Game.

Congratulations. Wrathofhan was 2nd, with Wrath rounding off the podium in 3rd. 

• Like 8
  • Astonished 6

Thank you everybody for playing. 

I hope to see you all again in the Winter. 

That will begin in November, so expect the new preseasons in ... 

(This is an automated message to confirm that chas passed away at his keyboard in extreme agony and discomfort. We will attempt to resurrect him in time for Winter. )

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

Firstly a huge thank you to @chasmmi for runnimg this game. Games such as these are a huge part of why I joined in the first place and why I keep coming back. 

Secondly thanks also to those who contributed to the game, chefly @JJ-8 and then @Wrath, @Premium George, @WrathOfHan, @Sheikh and @Infernus

Congrats to @Infernus for the win. I’ll be honest I am a bit blindsided seeing you come up so fast after the weeklies. During the weeklies I though WrathofHan or Sheikh or one of these strong guys would win it. 

Also congrats to WrathofHan for another strong performance and also being one of the first to answer questions almost always. Better luck next time I guess but it must be frustrating to have come so close to finally winning it. 

And finally me. I am happy with my top 5 finish. I must admit I was thinking a top 3 finish after a strong performance in weeklies, QOTW and SOTM. Guess I must work hard on preseason as well. However it is a huge improvement over my previous performance where I was 14-15th something. And this is only my 2nd game so I am sure I can improve further

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Amazing work by chasmmi and JJ8. Truly spectacular scoring, and I hope with physical therapy and a finger transplant, chasmmi will be functional in time for the winter game!

Also, much respect to Infernus and WrathofHan. You both played extremely well and either of you deserved a win. Bad luck to WrathOfHan, but 2nd isn't bad. Infernus, congradulations. Well done.

• Thanks 2

Congrats to @WrathOfHan and @Wrath !

It's amazing how the littlest things can change everything. But for Ant man beating solo by less than half a million on the very last day of the game and WrathOfHan would have been the one to emerge victorious instead, with an entire top 6 perfectly predicted in the dom top 15.

Also, incredible performance by Wrath in the top 15. 1.5m was absolutely unprecedented, honestly. 

Thanks a lot to everyone who played the summer game and made the whole of it so interesting, fun and competitive. Even bigger thanks in particular to @chasmmi and @JJ-8 for running another successful and ever more exciting rendition of this game. This game is easily one of the best parts of this site and you are the ones who make it what it is.

Still can't believe I actually won this, honestly. Have spent the last half an hour trying to explain to all my flatmates just why I'm so happy and exactly what this game is 😅

PS: I'm all out of reactions for the day but thanks to everyone for the congratulations!!

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Premium George said:

Congrates @Infernus, that china's 4th day was not needed. 

Hehe 😁

6 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Congrats to @Infernus for the win. I’ll be honest I am a bit blindsided seeing you come up so fast after the weeklies. During the weeklies I though WrathofHan or Sheikh or one of these strong guys would win it. 

Honestly, I am feeling the same. I knew my pre-seasons went well but never really thought I was even in the running for the top before the preseasons totaling began.  Had a sneak peek at @WrathOfHan's top 15 a few days ago, saw that they got the top 4 right in order where I didn't even get the top 2 right, and basically thought it was no game for me. There's just too much happening in the preseasons scoring to be able to predict anything though, and so I stand here very pleasantly surprised 😄

3 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Ownage. Congrats @Infernus. You can now look forward to chas sending you a Czech DVD of Cannibal: The Musical as a prize. 

That sounds... intriguing? 😅

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Johnny Knoxville can kiss my ass. Enjoy making bombs for a while 🖕

Congrats @Infernus!

ACtually id blame solo’s underperformance more. If AMATW hadn’t passed solo domestically on the final day you would have won the game by a big margin.... but for 200k gross and 1 day........

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Infernus said:

That sounds... intriguing? 😅

The most important thing prize wise is that all the winners are in either North America or the EU as that makes postage and what can be sent etc so much easier. 

Luckily for me this summer... oh wait a sec. ARRRGH It's happened again!

• Haha 2