baumer

Happy Death Day 2U | Feb 13 2019

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

I'm surprised Happy Death Day didn't do better. It did great for its budget, of course, but it was such a fun movie it should have been a much bigger hit.

This sequel seems to appeal only to fans of the first one though so I don't see it making more than that.

Teenage audience is getting smaller and smaller (not sure if we will ever again see a bid budget movie targeting them for that reason)

Looks perfect. Pretty much exactly what I want from a HDD sequel.

4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I'm surprised Happy Death Day didn't do better. It did great for its budget, of course, but it was such a fun movie it should have been a much bigger hit.

The first one was a really good movie, but it really pales in comparison to the glorious Groundhog Day. I suspect some folks just figured it was a cheap horror-version knockoff and skipped it.

That said, I think HDD is the type of movie that more people discovered (and appreciated) after it went to video, and I'm pretty sure the sequel is going to be a bigger hit because of that.

1 hour ago, kitik said:

Looks perfect. Pretty much exactly what I want from a HDD sequel.

The first one was a really good movie, but it really pales in comparison to the glorious Groundhog Day.

Most people under 30 dont even know what GD is. I think HDD did well (i mean how many slashers have done this good since like literally the mid 00's?), it just was veryy frontloaded

I'm a huge sucker for time travel/repeat days type of sci-fi, enjoyed the first one, will probably like this one.  Looks good to me.

Groundhog day

Timecrimes

Coherence

Deja Vu

Predestination

Primer

Triangle

Time Lapse

Source Code

Any other good ones?

27 minutes ago, MattW said:

I'm a huge sucker for time travel/repeat days type of sci-fi, enjoyed the first one, will probably like this one.  Looks good to me.

Groundhog day

Timecrimes

Coherence

Deja Vu

Predestination

Primer

Triangle

Time Lapse

Source Code

Any other good ones?

Edge of Tomorrow

• Like 2

Only thing I can really think of that'll hurt this on OW at least is the fact that the trailer didn't really do much to differentiate itself from the first one. I mean, aesthetically speaking, it looks EXCACTLY like the first one. 

I had a blast with the 1st one, and this one looks yet again like a classic, cheesy slasher-comedy.

Hell, I'm all in just for Jessica Rothe alone. She looks like she's going to Cate Blanchett levels of glorious ham in trailer (and I may or may not have a mini-crush on her).

This will increase from the 1st one due to goodwill and lack of serious competition, but probably not by much. Maybe 60-70 DOM. The 1st one was super frontloaded due to its release strategy, and this will probably be similar, given that it releases on Valentine's Day and it's a sequel.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

It was due to a request from a Parkland shooting parent apparently. The movie won't play in Parkland and surrounding areas.

americans are so.... maybe stop letting people use GUNS.

That girl's death is sad of course but many people die everyday for different causes (how many black people are shot every week?), you may just aswell cancel the movie and never release it then.

4 hours ago, TombRaider said:

americans are so.... maybe stop letting people use GUNS.

That girl's death is sad of course but many people die everyday for different causes (how many black people are shot every week?), you may just aswell cancel the movie and never release it then.

Is the movie about gun violence?