baumer

Happy Death Day 2U | Feb 13 2019

I honestly don't know how to feel about this. I understand the complaint but I feel that moving a date for a film that has absolutely nothing to do with the tragic event, and doesn't even come close to representing the event is really pushing it. And to have the film not play in that area is not fair to the people who want to see the film. I'm all for being fair to a situation but this seems overboard. 

Edited by MovieGuyKyle17
  • Like 1

I can see being grossly ironic here is the title happening on the same day as the tragedy.

But this is, for lack of a better phrase, putting a bandaid over a bullet wound and isn't actually solving the problem of what happened or why it happened.

11 minutes ago, MovieGuyKyle17 said:

I honestly don't know how to feel about this. I understand the complaint but I feel that moving a date for a film that has absolutely nothing to do with the tragic event, and doesn't even come close to representing the event is really pushing it. And to have the film not play in that area is not fair to the people who want to see the film. I'm all for being fair to a situation but this seems overboard. 

I understand the date moving (we should be cautious when trying to predict total weekend off what is likely to be a muted Wednesday figure) but not playing it in the area seems odd (not the wrong decision, but one I wouldn't expect them to make). And what constitutes as "parkland area"? 

Either way, in hindsight, it was probably a yikes idea to place a movie with a title such as this on the anniversary of such a tragic and preventable tragedy. 

17 minutes ago, MovieGuyKyle17 said:

8 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I understand the date moving (we should be cautious when trying to predict total weekend off what is likely to be a muted Wednesday figure) but not playing it in the area seems odd (not the wrong decision, but one I wouldn't expect them to make). And what constitutes as "parkland area"? 

Either way, in hindsight, it was probably a yikes idea to place a movie with a title such as this on the anniversary of such a tragic and preventable tragedy. 

If the movie isn’t playing in the Broward area it’s not that big of a deal. Most people can make the trip to the Palm Beach County area where the theaters are much nicer anyway. ;) Although I’m guessing it’ll just be the city of Parkland that doesn’t get the movie.

• Like 1

Reposting from the CCT: Happy Death Day 2U was a mess. It basically drops the horror aspect and goes all in on being self aware. This backfires outside of a couple moments. It still wants to be taken seriously in some moments, none of which is earned or warranted. Most people I spoke to after the movie were very mixed on it, but I know a few who enjoyed it. The audience ate it up though, so it’ll probably do well with the GA despite getting a RT score in the 30s or 40s.

Also, two notes: 1. There is a midcredits scene. 2. THERE IS NO IN DA CLUB

16 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Reposting from the CCT: Happy Death Day 2U was a mess. It basically drops the horror aspect and goes all in on being self aware. This backfires outside of a couple moments. It still wants to be taken seriously in some moments, none of which is earned or warranted. Most people I spoke to after the movie were very mixed on it, but I know a few who enjoyed it. The audience ate it up though, so it’ll probably do well with the GA despite getting a RT score in the 30s or 40s.

Also, two notes: 1. There is a midcredits scene. 2. THERE IS NO IN DA CLUB

the first one had no horror aspect either. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

the first one had no horror aspect either. 

Yeah, no. The first isn’t a hardcore horror film, but it looks like Halloween or Elm Street compared to the sequel lol

Edited by WrathOfHan