The Wild Eric

Weekend Box Office: Actuals (Page 55): BP $26.6M TR $23.7M ICOI $17.1M AWIT $16.3M LS $11.8M, PR crosses $100M, Jumanji crosses $400M

19 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I'm actually surprised it hasn't gotten more of a push from woke twitter because of it's black lead. I know it doesn't have a black or female director behind it but still I thought that some of woke twitter would be cheering for it.

Woke twitter supported Boyega by going to see Star Wars, what more do you want?

1 hour ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Congrats to The Rock for having a 400+mil domestic smash and a 940+mil wordwide smash. Careers are not over after one under performer or even a series of under performers. That's just not how things work. Baywatch looked like unfunny garbage and thus it under performed. 

Rampage's opening is not happening fast enough, so people are finally able to put that notion about The Rock being responsible for Jumanji's success in the USA to rest. 

2 minutes ago, Premium George said:

I just found out that first 10 minutes of ASM2 have 162m views on youtube.

It was during that weird YouTube Kids situation that kept pumping weird Spider-Man and Elsa videos to children. 

There’s also a trailer for Sing that has 133m, partly due to the YouTube thing, and partly due to parent putting it on for their babies.

1 minute ago, PenguinHyphy said:

Rampage's opening is not happening fast enough, so people are finally able to put that notion about The Rock being responsible for Jumanji's success in the USA to rest. 

I don't know about The Rock being solely responsible for Jumanji's success or not, but Rampage is going to be a hit. :rock:

12 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

It's kind of hilarious how little people seem to give a shit about Pacific Rim 2 despite the fact that the first Pacific Rim is one of the most overhyped films in recent memory

I always found it funny that anyone was hyped for the first considering it always looked like a bomb to me. Which it would have been if not for China. 

3 hours ago, Gamera said:

You talk about I Can Only Imagine preaching to the choir?  Are there any characters in Love Simon that disagree with his lifestyle in a non-movie-mustache-twirling-villain way?  Parents, siblings, classmates?  From what I've read, the movie is preaching to the gay choir.

Both films seem to be unrealistic, imo.  Haven't seen either and don't plan to

There is no other way to "disagree" with another human being's existence. I'm a gay man, if you "disagree" with my BIOLOGICAL SEXUAL ORIENTATION (shove your "lifestyle" bullshit) you can go fuck yourself.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I'm actually surprised it hasn't gotten more of a push from woke twitter because of it's black lead. I know it doesn't have a black or female director behind it but still I thought that some of woke twitter would be cheering for it.

Pacific Rim 2 looks like one of those junky DTV action pics that had a popular name slapped onto it and labeled a sequel (and probably has little to do with the original movie) in hopes of making a quick buck. I'm not surprised nobody seems to care about it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AJG said:

It was during that weird YouTube Kids situation that kept pumping weird Spider-Man and Elsa videos to children. 

There’s also a trailer for Sing that has 133m, partly due to the YouTube thing, and partly due to parent putting it on for their babies.

That SM and Elsa thing was the most fucked up thing from last year. One day I found my nephews watching such videos while my sister was making food. In that, Elsa was killing SM with a screw driver, uninstalled youtube and told my sister about this whole thing.

• ...wtf 1

22 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Nobody really cares.

The problem with a lot of these castings is that they basically just result in white characters being portrayed by minority actors. There’s no sense of culture with these characters and thus no real connection with them.

I would care a lot more if the film displayed that Boyega’s character came from a Nigerian/London culture, but their haven’t done that.

I hope BP hits 30 for the weekend and beats Titanic's 5th, would be insane. I don't think all is lost for Tomb Raider yet, WOM could be strong as evidenced by the already very high RT audience score for a video game movie. Might be able to pull off high 70's with a mid 20's opening. If it can do at least double that OS, then it will be a small hit. 

8 minutes ago, AJG said:

They made a movie where giant robots fight giant monsters and the shit was BORING!!!!! 

The people that lived for that film online all reeked of the same thing WarCraft fans had. They know the movie sucked, they just put so much hope that it would kickstart something new that they spent their time desperately trying to convince us that that boring fucking movie we just watched wasn’t actually a boring fucking movie.

"Alright let's make a movie about robots fighting monsters but let's only have a brief glimpse of it for 5 minutes at the beginning and not fight again for another hour and instead focus on the most boring possible aspect of it.  And when we do get into the fights, make sure the scenes are darkly lit, boring, and repetitive.  Also make it as emotionally uninvolving as possible."

Charlie Day and Ron Perlman were the only characters that I enjoyed watching, and they take up 15 minutes of screentime at best.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, AJG said:

They made a movie where giant robots fight giant monsters and the shit was BORING!!!!! 

The people that lived for that film online all reeked of the same thing WarCraft fans had. They know the movie sucked, they just put so much hope that it would kickstart something new that they spent their time desperately trying to convince us that that boring fucking movie we just watched wasn’t actually a boring fucking movie.

The hype for Pacific Rim with the elite nerd set is related to the the Bay Transformers movies. They desperately wanted someone to show Bay up because he "ruined" Transformers and so no matter what Rim actually was in reality it was played up as the smartest most emotional and perfect big fighting robot movie ever that proves that Michael Bay was evil and could have easily made an Oscar winning fighting robot movie if he had only tried! Pacific Rim was just as dumb as Transformers and much, much, much more boring, than the first Transformers at least. Even the latest under performing Transformers movie did better than Pacific Rim. All Pacific Rim 2 has is China in my opinion. I'd be surprised if it did anything particularly special outside of that Country. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I went to see the first PR because I wanted giant robots punching giant monsters. It gave me some of that, but I wanted more.

I'll see the second one in hopes of much more in the way of giant robots punching giant monsters.

I honestly couldn't care less about characters or story in a movie like this. Every minute you give me about someone's backstory is a minute giant robots aren't punching giant monsters.

They should have found a way to resurrect Idris Elba's character from the first movie and have him, Rinko Kikuchi, Charlie Day and Ron Perlman team up for the ultimate tag team while Charlie Plank O' Wood is discarded within the first five minutes.

I mean I would've watched it at least.