The Wild Eric

Weekend Box Office: Actuals (Page 55): BP $26.6M TR $23.7M ICOI $17.1M AWIT $16.3M LS $11.8M, PR crosses $100M, Jumanji crosses $400M

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

So you wouldn't watch the 2nd best Bayformers movie? (1st one being #1) :apocalypse:

I actually watched DOTM last week. That movie sucks hard for the first 90 minutes. Literally nothing happens there and there is one action setpiece which is cut and pasted from Bad Boys 2. Then the action moves to the bad guys holing up in the Trump tower in Chicago (appropriate), and the last 45 minutes is downright great in terms of action setpieces which make literally no sense whatsoever. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

The 2nd best is the first Transformers film.  The best is Age of Extinction.  Discuss.

Michael Scott Nope animated GIF

@grim22 The last 45 minutes are exactly the reason why Dark Of The Moon is the best sequel. They're better than the shitty entirety of Revenge Of The Fallen, Age Of Extinction and Last Knight combined. :sparta:

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another thing that irks me about PR are the fights. I saw some mecha anime the other day where the giant robots were moving like the shit was Kung fu. Jumping, flying, swords, poses, all that good shit.

PR had giant robots moving at a snails pace, and then had us watch just how hard it is to operate to robot, which only ended up adding to how lethargic the fights felt.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

The 2nd best is the first Transformers film.  The best is Age of Extinction.  Discuss.

Age of Extinction is not one movie. It is like 3-4 different movies stitched together. The first hour has nothing to do with the last hour, and the middle hour has nothing to do with anything in the series till then.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

T1>>>>>>>>>>>>T3>>>>>>>T4>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>T5>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>T2

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Age of Extinction is not one movie. It is like 3-4 different movies stitched together. The first hour has nothing to do with the last hour, and the middle hour has nothing to do with anything in the series till then.

And that's part of the beauty of it.  It's Bay just throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks, and it turns into a glorious, unhinged, fun as fuck mess.  All the action is great too.

1 minute ago, cookie said:

Age of Extinction is like staring at the face of death. You will come out a different person.

Revenge if The Fallen is one of the two movies I’ve seen that left me furious upon leaving the cinema. The second was Suicide Squad.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

And that's part of the beauty of it.  It's Bay just throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks, and it turns into a glorious, unhinged, fun as fuck mess.  All the action is great too.

Fun? You thought Age Of Extinction was fun? Jesus, I wish I had your entertainment capacity. Age Of E-stink-tion was boring as fuck. So much going on, and yet absolutely nothing at the same time.

The action had one or two cool moments but it was mostly a blurry, ugly looking mess w/awful CGI. TF1 and DOTM had great action; the 4th one... no.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Fun? You thought Age Of Extinction was fun? Jesus, I wish I had your entertainment capacity. Age Of E-stink-tion was boring as fuck. So much going on, and yet absolutely nothing at the same thing.

The action had one or two cool moments but it was mostly a blurry, ugly looking mess w/awful CGI. TF1 and DOTM had great action; the 4th one... no.

tumblr_inline_nkqhla0pdF1shsvef.gif

transformers-age-of-extinction-13-gif-br

(fun fact: the MLP image on google comes from a post I made in the TF5 weekend thread)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

9 minutes ago, AJG said:

Another thing that irks me about PR are the fights. I saw some mecha anime the other day where the giant robots were moving like the shit was Kung fu. Jumping, flying, swords, poses, all that good shit.

PR had giant robots moving at a snails pace, and then had us watch just how hard it is to operate to robot, which only ended up adding to how lethargic the fights felt.

thought you were talking about Peter Rabbit for a sec and I was thinking 'what the fuck are you smoking right now' :hahaha:

1 minute ago, AJG said:

Revenge if The Fallen is one of the two movies I’ve seen that left me furious upon leaving the cinema. The second was Suicide Squad.

Google won't let me find a good gif for some reason so I had to go with the full clip.

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

6 minutes ago, Noctis said:

That's so bad for LS.

12-13m is a good OW since it should have strong legs. It only cost $17m and is only on 2400 screens. It's also pretty uncharted territory for a mainstream movie like that. Expecting much more than what it's doing was always wishful thinking and some people's expectations here got way out of hand. 

9 minutes ago, AJG said:

Revenge of the fallen was the first live action movie I watched in IMAX. The pyramid fight and the jungle fight where the screen switches to full IMAX just blew me away. That was when I knew I had to watch movies in IMAX a lot more.

I thought for sure Love Simon would break out. The trailers were very appealing, it's PG-13 ad it had great reviews. Opening the same as Everything Everything is a bit surprising. Still hoping great word of mouth will help it at least reach 50-60 million 

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

tumblr_inline_nkqhla0pdF1shsvef.gif

transformers-age-of-extinction-13-gif-br

(fun fact: the MLP image on google comes from a post I made in the TF5 weekend thread)

Ok, I'll give you that: those shots were hilarious at how ridiculous and shameless they were. As well as the Bud Light one w/Wahlberg. I also laughed my ass off the 1st time I saw the Romeo & Juliet Law stuff.

The rest was sooooooooooo boooooooooooooooring though. And I will never forgive them for conning me into thinking Dinobots were gonna be a thing (as someone who grew up w/the Transformers cartoon on TV, Grimlock in particular was my fucking shit - alongside Prime, of course - and I was psyched to see him, despite the shittyness of the Bayformers saga). Y'all are angry that Pacific Rim didn't give you that much Jaegers vs. Kaiju, but the Dinobots cock tease in TF4 was wayyyyy worse.

• Like 2