Eric Atreides

Weekend Box Office: Actuals (Page 55): BP $26.6M TR $23.7M ICOI $17.1M AWIT $16.3M LS $11.8M, PR crosses $100M, Jumanji crosses $400M

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

It just had a 35% drop this weekend and will lose a bit of screens with three other movies required to play in 3,500+ theaters

Sure, but the competition is ridiculously light next weekend even if there are several releases. Will anything even hit 20m? And no theater is gonna be eager to take away screens from the top grossing movie, so I wouldn't expect too bad of a loss. 

5 hours ago, LonePirate said:

It is Spring Break week in my area and one of the AMCs playing ICOI has a showing starting in 15 minutes that has sold 54 of the 64 seats for that screen.

There is another showing in 30 minutes of ICOI on this same screen and 42 of the 64 seats have been sold. They are reanimating the dead to see this film.

It's only playing on one screen at this particular cineplex but there is another one about 15 minutes away where it is playing on two screens. Other theaters in my metro area are playing it as well. It's not like everybody is flocking to this one cinema to see it. I never would have predicted how well this film is performing.

Edited by LonePirate
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, Thematrixfilm said:

I am sorry, I just feel it should be stopped.  I will keep quiet on this, but outside of this computer I will roll around and weep and drool because I just... I just...  everything needs to be normal!  awkward is a crime.

What in the world are you on about??

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

Yikes! I see a sharp drop for Tomb Raider OS next weekend.

Why, is the Sunday drop particularly bad (they do look similar to Back Panther) or those weekend abnormally really big because of some holiday ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

There is another showing in 30 minutes of ICOI on this same screen and 42 of the 64 seats have been sold. They are reanimating the dead to see this film.

The prime showtimes at my theater are between 6pm and 8pm.

ICOI 

• 6:30pm- 17/78 sold 
  • 7:30pm- 8/78 sold 

Love, Simon

• 6:30pm- 49/78 sold
  • 7:15pm- 21/78 sold

Tomorrow is looking good with Spring Break in full swing (both colleges and the surrounding high schools)

ICOI 

• 6:30pm- 63/78 sold 
  • 7:30pm- 85/110 sold (got upgraded)

Love, Simon

• 6:30pm- 69/110 sold (got upgraded as well...nice)
  • 7:15pm- 36/78 sold
  • 7:45pm- 14/78 (added a showing for $5 Tuesdays this afternoon :) )
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, aabattery said:

It's kinda nutty that there are more films between 600-699M than there are between 500-599M. 

Infinity War and Jurassic World 2 may join the 500-599 club. 

16 minutes ago, aabattery said:

For sure, it's only getting easier and easier to reach that zone. 

Inflation happens. Soon $700M will be the new $600M.