CaptainJackSparrow

Godzilla: King of the Monsters OS thread

My market isn't looking too hot for KotM at the moment, I have to be honest... it's opening today and it's not even showing up on the current top 10 ticket sellers' list at the largest theater chain. Looks like this movie will have to be almost completely walk-up driven. Well hopefully anyway, because otherwise it's looking to underperform quite a bit. Hopefully this isn't an indicator on how other European markets will do.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Marathon said:

My market isn't looking too hot for KotM at the moment, I have to be honest... it's opening today and it's not even showing up on the current top 10 ticket sellers' list at the largest theater chain. Looks like this movie will have to be almost completely walk-up driven. Well hopefully anyway, because otherwise it's looking to underperform quite a bit. Hopefully this isn't an indicator on how other European markets will do.

Over here in UK, not many prebooked for the prime time showing tonight at my theatre opening day. (just booked)

Currently 5 tickets sold, including 2 from me, will report back later but hoping for a bigger turnout than that! Though it is half term, so it's possible the primetime showing won't be as busy as it could be.

• Thanks 1

This will have a good opening at least in Indonesia. 5-day OW with Thursday being a holiday will be a big boost. I think it’s a lock this will be the #1 movie beating Aladdin second weekend going by traditional opening weekend count ( 5-day ow vs 3-day 2nd weekend ) But I’m Not quite sure if its FSS can top Aladdin second weekend yet. The real problem is the screen count. Godzilla gets all the premium seat ( IMAX , Premiere , etc ) and 1-2 regular screens ( depends on how big the theatre is ) while Aladdin still occupies 2-4 regular screens thanks to great WOM. Either way , most showings for those two movies are full and they both will coexist just fine. More likely a good opening for Zilla and strong hold for Aladdin.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

With $ being so strong, I am expecting OS-C to drop from Zilla 2014. Early numbers seem to confirm that as well.That grossed around 250m. I would say 230m OS-C and 140m China for 370 OS. Domestic around 150m for 520m WW. I hope I am wrong and it becomes WOM monster but for now there are no signs to that effect.

5 minutes ago, LTHeroiques said:

Paris (France) - First sessions in tickets (2 pm) :

Godzilla : King of the Monsters - 1 291

Godzilla - 2 781

-53.8%

That is terrible. Cine-directors is predicting 400K admits for opening Week. 350K for Rocketman. They generally update again tomorrow after OD numbers. I have a feeling it will go down from initial predicts.

They are predicting 20% drop for Aladdin and so it should stay on top with 450k admits over 2nd weekend. Endgame is out of top 10 but they are predicting 85K admits(45% drop).

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, fmpro said:

Who cares about another Godzilla movie?? This will not do good

Even though it looks good in trailers

Bring on Kong vs Zilla allready

I swear to god. if Godzilla dies or loses the battle against Kong , I’ll boycott it for ages.

Jeez.....we are expecting only bad omen for the upcoming films in MonsterVerse, if this underperforms, huh? Just nothing but disappointing results after disappointing results every of these last latest days. Can KOTM never catch a good break, right? 🙎🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

2 minutes ago, firedeep said:

Deadline predicting 230m+ WW opening.  They must be crazy.

Not may be. 60 Dom + 70 China + 100 Rest is good Deadline prediction but I guess, judging by India and Korea opening, 75-80 OS Rest is better pick.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder