CaptainJackSparrow

Godzilla: King of the Monsters OS thread

That's what happens when you don't release it in 3d everywhere. Godzilla 14 had advantage of 3d prices. This is actually flopping os. Damn. Honestly, i have never been impressed with Godzilla's overseas tallies. They always underperform and this time it is flat out flopping. Sigh.

If this does only 400+ ww then this is gonna be really bad for GvK. After Shazam another shocker for wb at boxoffice.

Looks like people have saved their summer movie money for Disney/mcu tentpoles this year with occasional love thrown at something.

Captain marvel, avengers , Aladdin, toy story, spiderman, lion king...

Edited by marveldcfox
  • ...wtf 2

13 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

That's what happens when you don't release it in 3d everywhere. Godzilla 14 had advantage of 3d prices. This is actually flopping os. Damn. Honestly, i have never been impressed with Godzilla's overseas tallies. They always underperform and this time it is flat out flopping. Sigh.

If this does only 400+ ww then this is gonna be really bad for GvK. After Shazam another shocker for wb at boxoffice.

Looks like people have saved their summer movie money for Disney/mcu tentpoles this year with occasional love thrown at something.

Captain marvel, avengers , Aladdin, toy story, spiderman, lion king...

Your post is way to premature. Yes there’s probably going to be some territories that underperform(this is EVERY movie)... but also some that over perform(like Taiwan listed right above). 

We have got to wait to see how the weekend goes before calling anything a flop.

Edited by Cookson
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

If its not breaking out in Asia minus China, its in trouble. But I want to see numbers from markets like SIngapore, Hong kong, Indonesia, Malaysia etc. Spectacle movies should do well over there.

sadly no..it had previews on wednesday here...the 9:30PM IMAX 3d show that i went was barely 5-7% full :whosad:

I honestly cant believe it, lets wait to see how the weekend shakes out. Its getting great WOM over here in parts of Europe. RT doesnt matter much here, and the narrative about the film is much more positive. I dont remember a time audiences in France/Switzerland enjoyed a monster movie so much (almost AEG level ratings on my local theater website (small sample, but its always been indicative of WOM in Switz) and faring much better with audiences on Allocine than G2014 or KSI). I guess Europe isnt the force that it used to be BO-wise, but Im feeling good about its longer term prospects  if WOM keeps up

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

yes. After seeing numbers today, we can confirm its OS-C bomb. Let us see where China takes it. it needs huge PS multi to hit good numbers.

No you can’t. It’s opening in pretty much every territory this weekend with like 3 territories talking about low numbers. Holy crap let’s wait a bit. You know better than this.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

What numbers do you have?

UK, France, Singapore, India and one so called good news is still not great as its still below G2014. G14 grossed around 250m OS-C and this is looking at substantial drop from that. We will know for sure with this weekend numbers. I have not known single market(except China) where its up and exchange rates are brutal as well in Latin America. Even Pound and Euro are down 20% compared to 2014.

Edited by keysersoze123
  • ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

UK, France, Singapore, India and one so called good news is still not great as its still below G2014. G14 grossed around 250m OS-C and this is looking at substantial drop from that. We will know for sure with this weekend numbers. I have not known single market(except China) where its up and exchange rates are brutal as well in Latin America. Even Pound and Euro are down 20% compared to 2014.

Stop. Just STOP. It’s Thursday.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cookson said:

No you can’t. It’s opening in pretty much every territory this weekend with like 3 territories talking about low numbers. Holy crap let’s wait a bit. You know better than this.

Yeah, for some reason people are jumping to unrealistic conclusion. They're probably the Disney fans that wish for every non-disney owned movie to flop.

• Thanks 1