Fancyarcher

Tuesday Numbers: Tomb Raider - 2.72m

Honestly, I felt 400 was happening for BP before release, and even commented that Deadpool was going to fall after the trailer in the main thread.  But over 200 OW, 5 Straight Weekend Wins, over 600, roaring to 650 with at chance at 700? Knocking down Box Office Legends left and right.  No, I don't think any of us saw that coming. This is why all my Summer predicts are going to be very conservative because BP has set the bar pretty high for the rest of the Blockbusters this year.   To me it's a matter of "Can anything stop this the rest of the entire 2018?".

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, filmscholar said:

Honestly, I felt 400 was happening for BP before release, and even commented that Deadpool was going to fall after the trailer in the main thread.  But over 200 OW, 5 Straight Weekend Wins, over 600, roaring to 650 with at chance at 700? Knocking down Box Office Legends left and right.  No, I don't think any of us saw that coming. This is why all my Summer predicts are going to be very conservative because BP has set the bar pretty high for the rest of the Blockbusters this year.   To me it's a matter of "Can anything stop this the rest of the entire 2018?".

I saw it coming

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

$400m for Jumanji and $170m for Greatest Showman.

Stunning. 

That is a multiplier of 19.3x for Greatest Showman. 

Hugh and these musicals man.  He's got something going in that genre.  

• Like 1

The ICOI train keeps on rolling ahead in my area. At one theater, there is a show that does not start for about another hour and it has already sold 40 tickets. At another AMC a few miles away, there is a showing that starts in 15 minutes in one of their smaller Dine-In theaters and all 32 seats have been sold. At that same theater, there is a showing that starts in an hour and it has sold 56 tickets. There is nothing else coming anywhere close to selling this number of tickets in my area today.

• Astonished 1

Tickets sold today at my theater (* detonates reduced showtimes):

I Can Only Imagine: 410 (-18% from yesterday)

Black Panther: 200 (162 2D/38 3D) (-28% from yesterday)

A Wrinkle in Time: 166 (151 2D/15 3D) (late show is currently empty) (-31% from yesterday)

Peter Rabbit: 137* (-10% from yesterday)

Love, Simon: 127 (+15% from yesterday)

Tomb Raider: 98+ (35 2D/63 3D/? open caption) (-~30% from yesterday)

Red Sparrow: 47 (-53% from yesterday)

Death Wish: 36 (late show is currently empty) (-24% from yesterday)

Hurricane Heist: 35* (+120% from yesterday)

Game Night: 34* (-48% from yesterday)

Strangers: 33 (+6% from yesterday)

Jumanji: 29* (late show is currently empty) (-33% from yesterday)

Gringo: 1* (afternoon show sold nothing and the late show is empty rn lol) (-96% FROM YESTERDAY :hahaha: )

Tomb Raider's afternoon 2D show was an open caption showing, so I can't find the URL. I know when I was looking this morning it had already sold 10 tickets or so, but either way, I doubt it beat Simon or Peter Rabbit.

Love, Simon went fucking nuts with its 3:30 show; that one alone accounts for over 40% of its sales today. The rest of the shows were more modest in the high teens to low 20s

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 2
  • Disbelief 1

9 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Tickets sold today at my theater (* detonates reduced showtimes):

A Wrinkle in Time: 166 (151 2D/15 3D) (late show is currently empty) (-31% from yesterday)

Game Night: 34* (-48% from yesterday)

Sorry, but it's absolutely useless info. Any connection with real numbers.

Edited by KeepItU25071906

2 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

Sorry, but it's absolutely useless info. Any connection with real numbers.

He’a posting box office info and numbers on a BOXOFFICE forum. It’s heck of a lot useful and appreciated than your useless post. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

He’a posting box office info and numbers

56567890-0--09876

numbers

sorry @WrathOfHan, I appreciate you, but now I just speak my minds.

10 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

It’s heck of a lot useful and appreciated than your useless post. 

I remember you swore don't talk to me. Please, don't break your promise.

Edited by KeepItU25071906