Box Office Hit

Peppermint | September 7, 2018 | STX | Jennifer Garner

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

Will 13 years be a long enough hiatus to make people forget Elektra?

I doubt this movie even beats JLo's Enough domestic unadjusted.

They'd have to remember Elektra in order to forget about it. 

On 8/10/2018 at 12:15 PM, filmlover said:

<p><strong>STARRING:</strong> Jennifer Garner</p>
                                <p><strong>DIRECTED BY:</strong> Pierre Morel</p>
                                <p><strong>RELEASE DATE:</strong> Sept. 7</p>

Out of all the stills in the movie, this is the best they could do? I would say the marketing for this film is bad but to be honest there hasn't been any marketing to begin with. I haven't seen the trailer once when Ive gone to the theaters this summer which I know isn't exactly the studio's fault but just feels like it's being dumped. Just feels like neither the studio or theaters are interested in selling this film, which imo is dumb because they could easily sell this as an Alias type of film or something and get a decent mid teens opening (if not more if they actually marketed this film) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

STX isn't even bothering attaching this trailer to Mile 22 next week. They'd rather promote a movie that comes out a week later (Happytime) and a movie that has next to no overlap with Mile 22's audience (Second Act) :hahaha: 

Oh the humiliation!

Bennifer 1> Bennifer 2 ?

• Like 2
  • Astonished 2

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

STX isn't even bothering attaching this trailer to Mile 22 next week. They'd rather promote a movie that comes out a week later (Happytime) and a movie that has next to no overlap with Mile 22's audience (Second Act) :hahaha: 

Why spend money promoting a movie that look like a straight to VOD? They're probably just dumping it in theaters to see if it makes any money and then give it a proper launch on digital, where it's real audience probably is.

Second Act while isn't a good match to Mile 22, it's a better investment to promote because it looks like a real movie and can find an audience in theaters it has a recognizable and likable star. The talented Jennifer had many hits in her long lasting career, she has proved to be a box office draw and her movie is looked to open to at least $10 million.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

As I said, this movie is being dumped in theaters. When the studio isn't even bothering with promoting the movie, you know shits gonna be bad. 

• Like 2

Long range forecast by Napoleon:

Peppermint: $5 million Opening Weekend, $14 million Domestic Total, $21 million Worldwide.

Second Act: $19 million Opening Weekend, $59 million Domestic Total, $99 million Worldwide.

The talented Jennifer is a beloved personality, a fashion icon and a musical legend, once she goes on TV to promote Second Act it will have a big exposure. If it looked like a better movie it could be a bigger hit, but this is going to be just dumb fun, honestly. As for the other one, she's so boring if she goes on TV it may even hurt her movie.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Long range forecast by Napoleon:

Peppermint: $5 million Opening Weekend, $14 million Domestic Total, $21 million Worldwide.

Yeah, this may actually happen based on how STX is dumping it. I see The Meg remaining in the top 3 that weekend unless Searching is on The Meg's level the prior weekend

Does anyone know when the embargo for this drops? I have seen marketing for this pick up quite a but at the same time I feel like which way its opening weekend will go, will depend on the reviews. If it gets good reviews, I'm on board with $13M. If it doesn't get good reviews, I have it in the single digits. 

54 minutes ago, Nova said:

Does anyone know when the embargo for this drops? I have seen marketing for this pick up quite a but at the same time I feel like which way its opening weekend will go, will depend on the reviews. If it gets good reviews, I'm on board with $13M. If it doesn't get good reviews, I have it in the single digits. 

This movie is not getting good reviews.

• Haha 1