Box Office Hit

Peppermint | September 7, 2018 | STX | Jennifer Garner

I’ve seen the trailer a bunch of times before movies these past few months. I think it’s been edited recently. Now it seems to be more about her going after bad cops and judges and less about her going after Mexican bad guys and being a white hero to the poor Mexicans. But it still looks terrible. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Alli said:

Why? She has not proven herself. Not many actresses/actors make the successful transition from tv to movie star

She has shown she can act on multiple occasions (Juno, Dallas Buyers Club). And should've gotten a Golden Globe nom for 13 Going on 30. She certainly deserves better than dreck like this and Nine Lives (lol that movie's existence in 2018 might be even more bizarre than when it came out two years ago).

• Like 3

I think Jennifer Garner could own the role in a action franchise ala Alias 

Based on reviews this movie obviously wasn't it and I think the biggest problem is that maybe Garner was eager to jump back into the action role without actually waiting for the right role/script but I don't think she "deserves," anything. Could she do better than this movie? 100% yes but Garner isn't some starving actor who needed to take on this role. She could have been more patient and waited for the correct role. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 2

From the reviews is does not even work as a revenge action thriller.

Looks more like a female version of the "Punisher" more then a "Death Wish" clone, though since she is trying to take down a whole massive crime syndicate, rather then a rew random street criminals.

I like Jennifer Garner, but this was not a good move for her.

Edited by dudalb