Finnick

Weekend thread | Deadline Friday Est. (p.11) ~ PR:U 10.1M, BP 4.4M, ICOI 3.7M, TR 2.8M, SG 2.7M, AWIT 2.1M, L,S 2.3M, P,AOC 1.5M, MS 1.45M, GN 1.2M, U 1.3M

8 minutes ago, Hiccup23 said:

Friday evening (4pm and later) at my theater. Super surprised they cut showtimes for I Can Only Imagine. They really slashed the showtimes for Tomb Raider and took it off all their Ultra Screens....embarrassing. 

Sherlock Gnomes 24 524 4.6%
Pacific Rim 2 131 1,562 8.4%
Love, Simon 45 234 19.2%
I Can Only Imagine 40 156 25.6%
Black Panther 45 926 4.9%
Midnight Sun 16 234 6.8%
Paul 12 156 7.7%
Unsane 9 312 2.9%
Tomb Raider 22 234 9.4%
A Wrinkle in Time 12 234 5.1%
Strangers 2 2 78 2.6%
Red Sparrow 1 78 1.3%
Death Wish 1 78 1.3%
Game Night 7 156 4.5%

funny how all your posts has Simon doing good while others have it trailing and your avatar is Simon :kitschjob:

Edited by intenso

Just now, intenso said:

funny how all your posts has Simon doing good while others have it trailing :kitschjob:

Demographics play a large role. Hiccup lives in a metro area where the movie is much more appealing; I'm in a rural area with a theater whose audience is primarily compromised of seniors.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, intenso said:

funny how all your posts has Simon doing good while others have it trailing and your avatar is Simon :kitschjob:

And you point?

Numbers are numbers. I'll screenshot the seats if you want. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Demographics play a large role. Hiccup lives in a metro area where the movie is much more appealing; I'm in a rural area with a theater whose audience is primarily compromised of seniors.

Exactly.

The theater is the largest in central WI and outside of Milwaukee.

Here is the receipts. 

• Population: 575,000 people--- doesn't include non-permanent residents aka college students.
  • High Schools in Area: 9 
  • My area is divided into Eastside and Westside. My theater is on the more highly populated Eastside, which has 6 out of the 9 high schools.
  • Colleges: UW: Madison (43,000 students), Edgewood College (1,700 students), and Madison Area Tech College (18,000 students)
  • 35% percent of the population is under 24 vs. 10% percent of the population which is over 65.
  • It is a very liberal area of the Midwest. Typically 70% of the population votes Democrat. 

So yeah, my area is located in the Midwest, but is more in tune with East Coast and West Coast. It is no surprised Love, Simon is performing well in my area. Black Panther also shattered ceilings as well. The biggest wtf is I Can Only Imagine performing well in my area. This isn't the part of the state it should be selling well but it is. Really says something about the film. 

• Like 4

Deadline's early predictions for BP & Tomb Raider seem a bit too optimistic, doesn't it??

Pacific Rim Uprising is expected to finally unseat Black Panther at the box office with a take that’s in the low $20M range to the Marvel title’s sixth weekend of $18M-$19M

MGM/Warner Bros.’ Tomb Raider in its second weekend is expected to ease 45% for a take between $12M-$13M. In its first week the Alicia Vikander reboot has grossed $31.2M.

If TR follows other mid March openers, it'll gross somewhere between (10.3-10.8) million. Spoke too soon about BP !!!!!!!!!!

Weekend scenario for BP:

Fri - 4.6m (+120%)

Sat - 7.85m (+70%)

Sun - 5.5m (-30%)

Weekend total - (4.6+7.85+5.5) = 17.95 million (-32.64%)

Edited by MaxAggressor
  • Like 2
  • Astonished 2

10 minutes ago, MaxAggressor said:

Deadline's early predictions for BP & Tomb Raider seem a bit too optimistic, doesn't it??

Pacific Rim Uprising is expected to finally unseat Black Panther at the box office with a take that’s in the low $20M range to the Marvel title’s sixth weekend of $18M-$19M

MGM/Warner Bros.’ Tomb Raider in its second weekend is expected to ease 45% for a take between $12M-$13M. In its first week the Alicia Vikander reboot has grossed $31.2M.

If TR follows other mid March openers, it'll gross somewhere between (10.3-10.8) million. Spoke too soon about BP !!!!!!!!!!

Weekend scenario for BP:

Fri - 4.6m (+120%)

Sat - 7.85m (+70%)

Sun - 5.5m (-30%)

Weekend total - (4.6+7.85+5.5) = 17.95 million (-32.64%)

Yeah, it's not jumping that much on Friday and Saturday; Spring Break is still in effect. Dunno what Deadline is thinking. I could see something like this though:

4.4M (+110%)

7M (+60%)

4.7M (-33%)

16.1M Weekend, 40% drop

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

9 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

where did it all go wrong...

DY1ByAzX0AAoRca.jpg

It also had the most boisterous and strongest major studio, with a spectacular 2017.

paramountlogo_new.png?w=446&h=299&crop=1

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1